PDA

View Full Version : Hubs and studs question

hondamanex400
06-29-2006, 05:32 PM
While on a ride a couple of weeks ago, I looked down naturally while bottomed out on a rut, and saw my left rear wheel woobling. So after tightening the lugs, I continued ridding. But when I pulled it out the other day, on pavement, I felt it woobling again. So I did a little investigation, and found that one of my studs broke free from the hub causing my others to back off. Needless to say, my rim is ruined, cuz the stud holes are all wollered out. So my question is are the studs alluminum, or steel? Because if i can, i will just do a simple fix and weld the stud to the hub, and problem solved. If not, i guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy a new hub. All input is appriciated.
Thanks.

Jeremy

400exrider720
06-29-2006, 06:26 PM
I recently had a similar problem. In my case the stud spun when I went to take the rear wheel off. I asked around on here and according to most people the hub is aluminum and the studs are steel so they cant be welded. My fix used air tools. I cant tell you how to fix it but you cant weld. Hope this helps.