PDA

View Full Version : stock rear shock compression

darkzealot
06-29-2006, 05:24 PM
hello everyone, im not new to this forum, but this is my first post, usualy i find answer to my question using the search button, but this time i couldnt find any help.

So here is my problem, my rear shock (stock) just got checked, its filled with gaz, no problem but when i adjust my compression damper, it doesnt do anything. My shock seem to work fine, but its like if it wasnt adjustable. There is no difference between the hardest compression adjustement and the softest one.

I started doing some big jump and wanted to adjust my rear shock but it wont change anything. So do you know what could be related to this problem...thx you

GPracer2500
06-29-2006, 06:08 PM
The stock shock has a pretty small range of adjustment. Especially if the shock has some hours on it, there just isn't a all that big a difference between the min and max setting on the compression damping. The rebound damping adjuster seems to have a little bit larger range that is easier to feel by just bouncing the quad in the garage.

Might be time for some suspension upgrades you're reaching the limits of the stockers.

Just $0.02

darkzealot
06-29-2006, 10:29 PM
ok cause i read earlier in this thread : http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=205183&perpage=15&highlight=shock%20adjustment&pagenumber=2 that only little ajustement could make the difference...so you know i was like...ok on mine there is no difference between the two extrems ajustments.

thank you