PDA

View Full Version : tires

kenzo
06-29-2006, 05:19 PM
what tires would be best to replace holeshots on a kawasaki v force? it`s mostly driven on gravel roads, fields and in the woods. THX in advance.

bansheexcracer2
06-29-2006, 05:36 PM
get holeshot HDs. They are great.

Dr89
06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
i beg to differ, a good friend of mine put hd's on his banshee and literally trail rode them one time...a few more times maybe around his house but they sucked at my place. he got hung up crossing a creek that was easily surpassed by a blaster with razrs driven by a beginner, and a 300 with kenda knarlys. if you just trail ride occasionally or on the weekends stay away from holeshots and get somethin that will last you a while, alot of ppl will highly recommend kenda klaws or knarlys. i had the knarly and absolutely loved em, wont buy anything but kendas from now on.

p.s. the hd's were big and really heavy, forget the whole "sporty" feel.

kenzo
06-30-2006, 05:51 PM
that`s what i heard about Holeshots, that they`re garbage after few weeks! I got mine with used ones and they suck! My little brothers crappy dunlops are better ;)
Any other suggestions.... i love kendas` though

Piker450
06-30-2006, 06:04 PM
i think the itps are great. i ran the xcts in gncc a year and had 3/4 thead left. it was on a 400 ex in the 4 stroke stock class. with the 22 i never got stuck. and i could go faster. great for road riding.now i have a set of xcrs i love them to . just my 2 cents

m3snowboarder
07-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Seems like there is a lot of people who hate itps. I personally have had my holeshot hds for over a year now. Ride all the time on gravel, streets, trails, i even use them to mx for now. They still arent missing tread. I think they are amazing, obviously not my favorite for mx, but whatever else I love them. They hook up great too.

Sjorge450R
07-05-2006, 05:59 AM
im a fan of both kenda and ITP. Rolling with the Klaws in the rear and the GNCC's up front. I have had XC ITP all the way around and I didnt like them, but they didnt wear either. They are now my spare tires at the track incase I get a flat. I think that I am going to use the klaws in the back from now on and after I talk to kenda for a sponsorship, I will try their new 6 ply klaw fronts. thats the only reason I dont use the klaw fronts now, they are only 4 ply.

450RGNCC
07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
I have been very pleased with my RAZR2 fronts and rears. I have raced almost a whole season of harescrambles and lots of practice riding on the rears and they still have more than half of the tread left and they still hook up great. As for the fronts, I have two races on them and there are barely any signs of wear at all. These tires have amazing hook up in every terrain that i have been in so far. I like them a lot better than the RAZR1's that I used to run and they are a ton better than the ITP XC's that I used to have. I highly suggest these tires for you.

idontknowwhoiam
07-05-2006, 01:30 PM
just got the new pirellis today.....same type of tread pattern as the holeshot but way badder

ohsobad_chevy
07-06-2006, 08:32 AM
I got the holeshot hd's myself, for the woods. I like em, but like holeshots are known for, they wear down fast! :cool: