PDA

View Full Version : 450r wont stay running?

bone705
06-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Well my issue started at my last race. About 3 hours into the race my 450 started missing out. It eventually died and i thought it ran out of fuel. I checked fuel and it was good to go. After waiting a minute it fired back up. It would run fine for a couple miles and repeat the same problem. By the end of the race it kept getting worse. I thought it maybe was an overheating problem since it was overflowing antifreeze. But now that its cooled down it will fire up and idle fine. Once i hit the throttle it dies. I've sprayed the carb out and also took the main jet out and cleaned it. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks.

quadwunner
06-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Was it a muddy race? Do you have an aftermarket gas cap vent hose? If so the vent hose may be clogged. Take it off and see if the bike will run without it and if it will then that is your problem!

bone705
06-29-2006, 07:53 PM
i already tried that and had no luck.

cals400ex
06-29-2006, 11:13 PM
i would look at the vent hose on the top of the carb and on the top of the fuel tank. also see if the fuel line is clogged. it could be possible that the needle clip broke as well. how does the plug look after it dies?

wckedclownz69
06-30-2006, 11:20 AM
check your jet mine did tht.. it fell out and had the same prob

450R_lover
06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Just a suggestion... i know that right now i need my valves adjusted. It doesnt want to idle and when it gets hotter it seems to worsen. just a suggestion though.. maybe you should check that they are in spec.