PDA

View Full Version : problem?

fmfracing5
06-29-2006, 02:10 PM
i rode my quad for a good hour a couple days ago and turned it off to take a break and when i went to turn it back on it fired right up but after i let it warm up i hit the throttle and it didnt want to rev like it was a really high slow idleling sound? it runs fine but when you try to go it goes just fast enought to stay running with out stalling so in other words you cant really ride it inless you like going 3mph in 1st gear. anyone know what might be wrong?

86 Quad R
06-29-2006, 02:28 PM
you work on it yourself? got a manual? i'd try a trouble shoot on it. reeds, float level check, ect ect.

fmfracing5
06-29-2006, 02:37 PM
yes i work on it myself ive just never had this problem befor so dont know what to do, my buddy said it could be the spark plug or the reeds so im going out to get a spark plug becasue the one i got in there i pulled out and it was fouled so we will see if that fixes the problem

yellowzo3
06-29-2006, 02:41 PM
yeah change the spark plug and then try it out. also, is your top end old or recently rebuilt?

250r4life
06-29-2006, 02:45 PM
lol... yah i would check the spark plug...
thats always gotta be one of the 1st things you check when something isnt running right, and if you're riding a two stroke you should always have a spark plug on you... i usually have about 3 in my camelpack- i rarely foul plugs but if i do im set, and also for anybody else i might come across that fouls them... and i've alwasy got about 20 in my travel trailer or back at the house... anywho...

but if it ran fine when you shut it off, and then you let it idle to get warm again, i cant imagine it being anything too serious... i'd be a partially fouled plug...

fmfracing5
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
allright it wasnt the spark plug, im guessing its somthing in the carb. does anyone got any other ideas, its gettting way to much gas