PDA

View Full Version : Herrmann Long Travel Setup Questions

xsr_racing28c
06-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Alright i have been thinking about trying a new front end soon and just purchased a Herrmann LT front end (+2)... I currently run +2 JD Performance LT arms with Custom Axis shocks and love it but just want to try other stuff out.

I will be trying the +2 LT Herrmanns with Elka Quadrate LT shocks and also a pair of Fox Evols.

If anyone has any input on these arms that would be great.. I appreciate it..

redrider05
07-01-2006, 02:06 PM
by far some of the best quality ive found in arms everything just went together so nice..didnt have to force anything on at all..the kingpins are nice jus for the fact that they are bindless so u get the full effect on the longtravel suspension...i have elka's on mine just for the fact thats what they recomend is the best for them..but try the evols i bet they will be ggreat

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pdc249174524415ea5864a4cf52538793/ef918892.jpg

gibson400ex
07-02-2006, 08:59 PM
i recomend them aswell

4 of our riders ride herrmann

1 of them is our Pro rider who is first in Points in our series, which some of the fastest pros have come out of our series

they work amazing!

he runs them with pep's ( new style)

trick250r
07-03-2006, 08:19 AM
how much are these compared to lonestar, houser, gibson, ect... if you dont mind me asking.

Ex_Rider43
07-04-2006, 05:55 PM
My friend has them and he hates them , I checked them out and everything is loose. They use cheap heims at the frame and the kingpins were all loose , i dont know if they are the COM12T spherical bearing that all the other companies are using tho.

fandl450r
07-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Same here 3 of my friends run them, 2 have had the kings fall out during a race. The other bent an upper arm jumping a small double. Not my idea of a good set of a-arms.

jlhughes750
07-05-2006, 08:00 AM
theres a great article over at qu*ad*zo*ne*.com in the GTthunder section about long travel...................

basically before buying arms be sure the builder knows SOMETHING about proper up travel down travel and leverage ratios........make sure he's not just making what works.....be sure theres a theory to it....make sure the "long travel" set up is actually the "correct travel" for the shocks and bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask him how much personal track testing time he has and where he got his degree in engineering from.......he should have at least one....either countless hours of testing on track ...........or a degree saying he knows whats up!!:devil: ........Good luck.

jlhughes750
07-05-2006, 08:07 AM
a quote taken from a post by Laz Sommers: real suspension expert!!

The question that a rider should be asking their a arm, swingarm, and shock company is - presicly how much up travel and down travel does your setup have and has it been setup to work with the other a arms or shock that you are buying.

Lets just pick an arbitrary number or 7.5 inches ride height. Can your shock and a arm company give you a precise answer as to the amount of up travel and down travel from that point????? If not - you are taking a gamble when you buy from them!!!!! If they can - are they specs that will work for your application.

baker250r
08-19-2006, 11:19 AM
i run herrmanns on my 250r and i love them. ive never had any problems. as far as stuff getting loose... ur goona have that with every setup. parts wear out. simple as that.