PDA

View Full Version : does your 450 do this too??

QuadJunkies
06-29-2006, 10:49 AM
At the dunes it sure did alot of puking when jumping ....:ermm:
Is this a normal thing?? I think we were going to get a longer tubing and see if that helps..

What a mess.

We havent had it out alot since be bought it besides a WORCS race and a fun day,so a solid 4 days of riding we started noticing it.

It was not overfilled either.

400exrider0004
06-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Ive ridden out in the dunes about 3 times but I havent had it puke yet. I guess what I would do is like what you said, clean it up and get a longer tube to see if it helps. Its a good excuse to go riding again. :D
Sorry I couldnt help, Josh

06-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Mine used to do that. I took out my thermostat and wired my fan direct and haven't had a problem. It's always hot down here.

dancap
06-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
Mine used to do that. I took out my thermostat and wired my fan direct and haven't had a problem. It's always hot down here.

Mine also comes out like that, what would taking the thermostat out do and where do i rewire the fan, i too, would love to know

thanks
in advance

dan

theTman
06-29-2006, 04:48 PM
:o my 310R did that becuase my oil seal went bad

bobbo97f150
06-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Taking the thermostat out is a bad idea. It would take the thing forever to get up to operating temperature.

Slowpoke 250r
06-30-2006, 06:20 AM
how do you hard wire the fan?

d3ktrix
06-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by bobbo97f150
Taking the thermostat out is a bad idea. It would take the thing forever to get up to operating temperature.

Or it might never get up to temp. An engine running cold can cause incorrect clearances that could cause premature wear.

It's a cheap fix to cover up another problem the engine has.

Just like people that put huge cooling heads on their nitro RC cars because they don't know how to tune and their engine is running lean. They put a larger cooling head, and of course it will run cooler, but the engine is still self destructing inside because of the lean mixture.

Originally posted by dancap
Mine also comes out like that, what would taking the thermostat out do and where do i rewire the fan, i too, would love to know

thanks
in advance

dan

Your bike is still puking even after u fixed ur fan and put the new head on?

Removing the thermostat allows the coolant to ALWAYS be flowing when ever the bike is running. The thermostat is no longer there to stop the coolant from cycling until the engine gets up to the correct temp.

Smoker
06-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Mine has always run hot but never puked, I switch to engine ice and notice the fan running a lot less.

Prey
06-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by bobbo97f150

i was thinking the same thing, not to mention, how much op temp difference will that really make

QuadJunkies
06-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Smoker
Mine has always run hot but never puked, I switch to engine ice and notice the fan running a lot less. thats just it... It wasnt running hot and the fan wasnt running alot either.:confused:

Our local shop sponsors us and will make sure we are taken care of to the full extent if something goes wrong with it (Ext. warrenty)so removing a Thermostat is not an option to keep it under warrenty.;) I think at one time our Predator done this as well

IOWAracer
06-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry this is some what off subject is there any way to wire the fan to a switch to flip on when you deem nessicary? I race XC and I worry about overheating and all the times i have had to worry my fan isnt running I am also running engine Ice so....... last weekend we raced and a stick caught the hose tat goes from the pump tot he radiator ripping and letting all my coolant out i didnt realize it untill it started spitting it everywhere onto my arms and everything i had some pretty good burns but my question is could that of hurt my motor at all i think i went 2 miles with out coolant back to the truck and i parked it

06-30-2006, 05:12 PM
I took a 6" piece of wire. I crimped an eyelet on one end and a male spade on the other end. I took out the bolt on the coil that the ground wire is attached and slipped the eyelet on the bolt and bolted it back. Then unplug the wire from the fan swith iin the thermostat housing and plug it into your jumper wire. Now the fan will run all the time.

In South Florida it is hot all the time. My quad has no problem heating up. Also if you take out the thermstat, there is a small hole the coolant flows through. That slows the flow so it can cool in the radiator. Say what you want it works for me.

fireblade954
06-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Did you remove the factory ignition switch and wire a kill switch through the main switch assembly on the handle bars?