PDA

View Full Version : G-Force Wheel Spacer Install?

4LEAFCLOVER
06-29-2006, 05:05 AM
Just wanted to know if any of you guys on this forum are using any wheel spacers on your 450R or if you have ever used them in the past? If so I need to know how to install them because I bought a pair from this guy off e-bay but they came with no instructions on how to install them. Just would like a run down of how to install them and if they are a good cheap mod if you can't afford longer a-arms right now? Thanks for the help!

4LEAFCLOVER

tltcracing
06-29-2006, 02:01 PM
by the pics i have seen they look like you bolt the spacer onto the hub just like you would do a wheel. then just bolt the wheel onto the spacer. i havent personaly run these spacer but i have used the durablue carbon spacers on my 250ex. if you are really tight on money and arnt really hard on your quad than they are fine. i broke my carbon rears on my 250 then got the metal ones. that bent the weak stock axle. think of them more as temparary and plan on buying new arms and an axle when you have the money. unless u are just an easy trail rider and dont jump then u shouldent have any probs with them.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the help, I installed them and they did just bolt up to the hub and then I put the rim on. It was really easy! Thanks for all the info.

quadwunner
06-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Did you buy them for the front or the rear? I have seen 2 people in the same race (father and son) both break ball joints on the front a-arms! one of the guys was just cruising after getting a set of goggles put on. So, I wouldnt reccomend putting them on the front . Hope this helps.
Spencer

4LEAFCLOVER
06-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah I bought them for the front, but I don't do any hard MX racing or anything like that. I'm just your adverage weekend rider who occasionally drag races his friends for bragging rights, that's about it. I just wanted them to widen it out a little more than the stock look. But thanks for the advice.