PDA

View Full Version : Shifting with boots...

Phills450r
06-28-2006, 11:33 PM
i wear size 11 and i need to get some boots for riding and i tried my friends and could not **** good... i would misshift alot.. what is the easiest way to help my problem out

YFZ450Ridr
06-28-2006, 11:35 PM
if you rode your bike with boots and didnt move the sifter up, thats your problem. also if his boots were brand new then that makes it hard too. i had to move my shifter up TONS when i got my boots for it to even feel right. it will take an hour or two to get fully used to boots, but once you do youll be happy you got them.

250r4life
06-28-2006, 11:38 PM
lol.. an hour or two...or several days... same thing :D

it took me a couple dune trips to get to where i could shift like i did before when i just wore catipillers... in fact the 1st couple times i would ride during the day in my boots, but when we would go to the hill at night to drag the hill, i would switch into my caterpillars cuz i was getting too mad and frustrated losing races cuz i would miss shifts in my tech 8s... im fine now to where i rarely miss any shifts... i feel naked without them...

Sjorge450R
06-29-2006, 05:19 AM
move the shifter up. Works wonders:p

250r4life
06-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX

i did that... still took a while... when i was doing my normal riding i was fine, but when i was dragging and doing pin point shifting, it took a while to where i could do it as quick as i like to...

red4r
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
lol i did that and i landed on it and striped out the shifter...
just lots of practice and break your boots in...i use to never be able to id allwasy miss

gbcap
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
boots are much better then work boots. they provide more support and i actually felt more stable/comfortable on the quad.

i moved the shifter up one notch and had enough clearence for the extra boot that was tehre. once i got used to the boots i could actually move it back down if i wanted but i like it moved up.

i would get boots if i were you. they are great, waterproof, more durable then regular boots and let you ride alot better.