PDA

View Full Version : Adding gussets to frame.

AtvMxRider
08-15-2002, 07:59 PM
I've heard people talk about getting your frame gusseted if you are going to race. what part of the frame is gusseted? do you have any pictures of the gussets?

BigBore81
08-15-2002, 08:20 PM
they gusset in the following places,
Shock mounts
Rear shock mounts
Steering stem part of frame
On both sides where pivot bolt goes through
And on the bottom of frame the weld plates by the oil drain bolt
And most places that gusset will go over all the stock welds

P.S. this is on a 400ex

Sick0
08-16-2002, 05:27 PM
I heard you shouldn't gusset the streering stem support. If you crash good enough the that part will give on a stock frame and damage the main part of the frame. If you gusset and crash it will break a major part of the frame be hard to fix. I was tempted to gusset that part of frame to, but didn't.

BigBore81
08-16-2002, 06:47 PM
I really can't tell ya if that is true or not. I just wrote down the places mine was gusseted. I had bought mine already gusseted.

Sicko, You racing the next jolly roger race?

Did ya race the last one? How'd ya do?

Sick0
08-17-2002, 11:13 AM
I just read my last post, I'm glad you where able to understand what I just wrote.

I didn't race jolly roger, all my friends quads where broke that day. I didn't want to go by myself. I will be going to the next though.

I going to a race tomarrow at a track called walden in New York. I heard it a pretty good track.

Why where you sell your shocks. What else could be better than axis.

BigBore81
08-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Well I have an Axis long travel rear shock and i wanted to match the fronts:-D With some Long travel front shocks W/gibson front end thats all.

Walden is a sick track i raced three times last year there the only thing i don't like is the fact that you race the same day as bikes and it is very hectick and crazy way to many people there is like 800-1000 people that show up to race nothing like our NEATV-Mx with only 300 bodies

Sick0
08-21-2002, 03:25 PM
I was guessing you where up grading to long travel. I'm guessing you are going to move up to next class next year.

If you had went to walden you would have been to good for the the class b riders. Half of the rode in my class also and me and my friend smoked them.
Unfortnaly I crashd on the start like I always do and got 12th out of 24. and then my next heat I got 4th. I was happy. got 6th overall