PDA

View Full Version : MX tire questions

wolffie
06-28-2006, 06:18 PM
i am going to be gettin into some MX this summer and need to buy some new meats :D . i am going to buy a spare set of rear MX tires and rims because i still ride some aggressive trails. i am not sure if i will have enough to buy a spare set of fronts. so, i need a front 20.6.10 or 20.7.10 that will be good enough to handle some light/novice MX but will still be decent for trails. is this even an option, or should i just save up the extra cash? by the way, the MX courses i would ride on would mostly consist of hardpacked clay. the trails i ride on are usually softer dirt with some light mud, but nothing to knarly. i was looking at mabey some Kenda Klaw 4plys or Razr MX for the front. i will probably buy some higher end rears later....what do you guys suggest? sorry for all the questions!

dead eye 00
06-28-2006, 06:37 PM
I love my kenda klaws mx front and rear. I used them last year for mx and trail riding, they lasted for a year and half. I bought a set of holeshot mxr4's in feb. and wore them out in 3 months on the mx track. I just bought another full set of klaws from Rocky Mountain for $175 and compared to the mxr4's they are just as good as far as traction to me.

wolffie
06-28-2006, 06:54 PM
sound good! i will deffinetly have to look into some Kendas.

TRX23rider
06-28-2006, 07:05 PM
kendas seem to be the best bang for your buck. i am also goign to be gettin some klaws in the future:D

wolffie
06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
^^^ if you buy my fronts now, i might even be able to see those Klaws a little sooner (lol!):D haha just messin. figure out what you want to do about my tires though!