PDA

View Full Version : PA state gamelands?

Crazy lil punk
06-28-2006, 03:17 PM
does anyone ride here? ill be getting a house up there and want to no if anyone can show me around the trails

06-28-2006, 03:29 PM
atv's are not allowed to ride on state gamelands. riding there gives atv enthusiasts a bad reputation with the wco that are already looking for a reason to bust you

Crazy lil punk
06-28-2006, 06:46 PM
How long have u lived in PA? they have legal atv trails in PA called state game lands,

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/atv/atvindex.aspx

Jblazin98
06-28-2006, 07:17 PM
You actually are both kinda right.....There are no ATV's allowed on state game lands...NO EXCEPTIONS...what the other guy is talking about is the State Forest Land...two different things completely...just make sure when you do go there you get the permit and make sure you put your license plate on your quad...if you dont its a big fine...

06-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Personally, I like to ride in the parking lot of my local 7-11 until the Dotheads come out and yell at me.

06-29-2006, 05:57 AM
i have lived in pa for my whole 33 years that i have been alive, how about you?

ohsobad_chevy
06-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by JesusIsMyHomie3
Personally, I like to ride in the parking lot of my local 7-11 until the Dotheads come out and yell at me.

dumbassses like you are the reason our sport is getting a bad name. Fuccking moron!!! :grr:

Crazy lil punk
06-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i have lived in pa for my whole 33 years that i have been alive, how about you?

I've lived in Philly for the whole 14 3/4 years that I have existed and I know about the DCNR trails, I can't believe you have never herd of them and you have lived/rode here all your life. I am not trying to bash you or anything, I'm just saying....

wishmasstir
06-30-2006, 10:05 PM
you can't ride anything on STATE GAME LANDS, actually in pa your not going to be allowed to WALK on STATE GAME LANDS without a permit. hunters will have to buy their hunting license and a permit to hunt on the land now. you can however ride on the STATE FOREST LAND. if you think you can ride on the game lands, please be my guest. i've lived in pa all my life and grew up beside game lands. i think everyone has been fined for crossing through the game lands at least once in my area. it was like $150 bucks and if you run and get caught its $1000 ... or at least thats what it was

07-01-2006, 04:45 AM
i know about the areas you have posted...those are not state game lands(sgls)...
state game lands are owned by the pa game comission for hunting only...

the game comission is working on charging for use of sgls by non-hunters. the hunters are trying to get any non-hunting use of sgls prohibited. my advice would be to stay off of sgls completely unless you are hunting.

the areas you posted are ok since they are not sgls

there are also federal riding areas in pa...

Allegheny National Forest (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny/recreation/atv_trails/)

Crazy lil punk
07-01-2006, 06:17 AM
okay i see, the relator told me tht they were "state game land trails" but they are really state forests" okay, thanks guys, so who riders there???

Crazy lil punk
07-01-2006, 06:21 AM
does anyone ride at the MONROE county or PIKE county trails?

Eviltanker
07-23-2006, 05:00 PM
I know this is an old post but, I ride up in monroe co. I ride at dixon miller park.Its owned by the delaware water authority. Its 14 miles of mixed trails. It is patrolled by dcnr supposedly( i havn't seen them there). It was my wifes first trail ride and she had a blast. And the other riders there are cool ( no peckerheads). I'm probably going up in 2 weeks again. My family has a place over in pocono pines.

chal23
07-24-2006, 06:30 AM
I would like to find out more about these trails. I live in South East PA where there is no riding at all. A buddy and me usually travel to over to Jersey to ride but I have heard about so much riding in PA. I would be willing to travel that is not a problem, the problem is that I am unfamilliar with the counties outside of my back yard. We are both adults and have registered, tagged, insured ATV's, if anyone would be willing to either let me know where this place is or want to meet up one weekend either PM me or reply to this post and let me know.

Eviltanker
07-24-2006, 03:07 PM
http://www.paatving.com/
My wife and I are looking into going about once a month also.

Crazy lil punk
07-24-2006, 05:00 PM
my new moutain house is right by dixon miller park, i check out the trails but some looked pretty rocky, im looking to for some one to ride with, maby i can ride with some of u guys some time

Eviltanker
07-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Sounds good. At Dixon Miller you do have a rocky path to get to the top but, I did it no problem. At the top there are plenty of trails and mud holes.Deff. make sure you have a good swing arm skidplate though. I got a pro armor and have no problems.I did see a dude with a YFZ bent the crap out of his GYTR skid. After he said he thought mine was weak!

Eviltanker
08-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Alright, Checked with some buds and they want to ride too. Looks like the last weekend in aug. is a go.Anyone interested let me know.Either PM or just throw a post up.

hushmoons
08-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Its not bad ridin there they whine alot. (Allegheny national Forests) We have a 85 mile loop between Mercer Co. / Butler Co. and a tad In venango Co. Now thats a ride.

Eviltanker
08-15-2006, 08:48 AM
OK it's on for the last weekend in August. Thats the weekend of the 25th. anyone that wants to meet and go up with us is welcome.(about 5-6 other riders going. mix of sport and utility quads.) we will not be riding like knuckleheads so all are welcome.

DiMeThIcOnE
06-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Soooooo.... Whose gonna catch you on state games lands out in the woods? Are they constantly patroled by Park Ranger ATV's?

PacDaddy
06-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Check this website. www.ridelosttrails.com

Eviltanker
07-02-2007, 06:17 AM
$45.00 a day on the weekend! Get bent. If you are going to sneek in your advertising without paying on here you ought to give a discount to members or something. Heck I can ride tower city for less and there is just as much if not more there.

ohsobad_chevy
07-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
$45.00 a day on the weekend! Get bent. If you are going to sneek in your advertising without paying on here you ought to give a discount to members or something. Heck I can ride tower city for less and there is just as much if not more there.

I agree 110%.....$45 a day is horse %^@#. It is always for the dollar, isn't it? :ermm:

sully55
07-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey Evil

Im looking to head up to the dixon miller trails for Labor day weekend with my family. Do you know of any local hotels in the area, and if there would be any attractions of interest for my wife, and daughter to help sell this weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Eviltanker
07-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah there are hotels and restaruants (sp) there cuz you are 1 mile south of Pocono raceway. There is antique stores and various shopping up(north) on 115. You go up to Blakslee and you will see route 940(tons of things to do along that route.)

Crazy lil punk
07-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sully55
Hey Evil

Im looking to head up to the dixon miller trails for Labor day weekend with my family. Do you know of any local hotels in the area, and if there would be any attractions of interest for my wife, and daughter to help sell this weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

The Crossings (ther biggest out let mall for all the high dollar clothing lines and purses and stuff that women like) It is with in a half hour of the trails. If they are into the name brand stuff, they could probally spend a day or two at this place.

Crazy lil punk
07-02-2007, 09:59 AM
evil,

Is there a big draw for sprot quads up there? Me and some buddies stay over by Camel back in the summer (they all live up there year round) Is it worth the trip up there with sport quads?

Eviltanker
07-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I see about a 50/50 mix of sport and utility. I have fun. You have to be careful in some spots, but other than that you can move pretty good. A heck of alot better than $45 a day.

Crazy lil punk
07-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I see about a 50/50 mix of sport and utility. I have fun. You have to be careful in some spots, but other than that you can move pretty good. A heck of alot better than $45 a day.

okay, thanks for the info, is there any jumps? Any place for wheelies/playing around?

Eviltanker
07-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Some natural jumps, as for wheelies/ playing around , I've only been there a couple times and I think there is a couple of spots.

ohsobad_chevy
07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Crazy,
If you decide to go, take your camera....I would like to see some pics of this place. Hope you all have a safe trip. :)

PacDaddy
07-02-2007, 05:41 PM

I thought I am on a forum which advises people of places to ride?
So, I left a website to a place to ride.

No need to get nasty about it.

Tower City Charges $40 a day, plus they are an hour further away, you will spend more than the differance in gas.

Our membership prices are obviously the way to go.
At $350 for the year of unlimited riding, your break even point is less than 5 rides per year. Take in the fact we are at least an hour closer, you will save money and spend more time on the trails and less time on the road.

It's not about the money, it costs to build and maintain a park and trail system. We built it without any help from the Government, no grants, no donations.
If I offended you, I'm sorry, I was just letting you guys know of a nice, safe, legal and fun place to take your family for some great riding.
If you visit us and like what we have and sign up for a yearly pass, we credit your days ride toward your membership. and we credit all your groups fee not just one person.

Again, if I offended you in some way, that was not my intent.

PacDaddy

Eviltanker
07-03-2007, 06:12 AM
Aren't you part of the resort area up there? I got a house in Tobyhanna and have never heard of your place. You are going to have a tough time with 2 free trail systems on either side of you.

The problem is , Most riders on here are Sport riders meaning the 25mph speed limit will have them ripping hair out in about 5 minutes. With the exception of a few on here most of us when we through a leg over our quads either go all out or not at all.

Also about Tower city, It it the same distance from my home to tower city than it is to you. There I can ride as aggressive as I want. They are always cutting new trails and constantly keeping the other ones up. Tell me something what kind of Quad do you ride Sir? What Mods? Where did you purchase? You will get alot further if you make friends first than try to just push your park on us. And you need to remember everyone else pays to plug there bussiness. If you are seriuos about this it would behove you to think about club discounts. since we are a huge group and you should know word of mouth is a very powerful advertising.

Another good thing might be to reserve about 6-7 miles of trail for the fast movers. If you do that the aggressive "Spirited riders"
Might be more inclined to try you out.

Crazy lil punk
07-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
Crazy,
If you decide to go, take your camera....I would like to see some pics of this place. Hope you all have a safe trip. :)

Will do, I will probally put a little move together too if there is enough "movie worthy" moments, lol

sully55
07-03-2007, 08:27 AM
The Crossings (ther biggest out let mall for all the high dollar clothing lines and purses and stuff that women like) It is with in a half hour of the trails. If they are into the name brand stuff, they could probally spend a day or two at this place.

Great info. Thanks for all your help crazy, and Evil. Much appreciated. Will let you know how things turn out

nallen
07-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I live 3/4 mile from Legal trails. Thats is the adam county trails, let me know if this is where you were thinking, i'll gladding should you around.