PDA

View Full Version : Which will make better use of my HRC cam...

d3ktrix
06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
I have been reading about pipes for the last few months and I have it narrowed down to either an HMF Sport Full sys or a Rossier.

I have an 05 with a FULL HRC kit, no other engine mods so far. And do not plan on ever going high comp or anything like that. Which is the reason I ruled out the sparks, since they seem to be best of engines that have a ton of work done too them.

I'm wondering which pipe is a better match for use with the HRC cam? I want to gain some more bottom end grunt for the MX track but don't want to loose too much of my sexy top end over rev my HRC cam gives me.

I do all types of riding, fast trails, power lines, dune/pits, neighbors MX track, Acto, soon English Town.

Which would u guys say is a more of a bottom end pipe? Top end pipe?

Also which is louder? Would like to stay as quite as possible, but power is more important =)

I already know which ever one I decided to get won’t fall apart, has good customer service, and around the same price but wondering which will give me the performance I’m looking for.

Match me up!

IOWAracer
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Well I would go with the HMF I just ordered mine yesturday and for power wise i know its great i ahd one on my other quad and it was pretty much a great hit to the low end i cant wait to get mine prolly friday and i will do a report on it from instlation to the final product! But i would go with HMF great sound great power great looks!!

broc

dancap
06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey john,

its dan, if i were you i would get the rossier, i just sold my hmf for 250! If i would have known you were looking for a pipe dammit... aha anyways im going with the tc pipe b/c i love the low end grrunt. But if i were you i'd get the rossier, my friend has one on his 05 with a webcam, and OMG is it sick!

d3ktrix
06-28-2006, 10:11 PM
lol yeah I saw u sold that thing in like 1 hour.

Was actually wondering what you didn't like about it?

And ur getting a TC? Crap, I'm guna need ear muffs when I ride with you and steve :P

the predator
06-29-2006, 02:38 AM
i run a lrd pro4 full system and it gives a good bottom and mid range hit. didn't suffer on top at all, i can pull my buddies 06er with a stock cdi on my quad.

MAD450r
06-29-2006, 05:11 AM
I picked it up with hrc, had a sparks pipe here waiting for it. I dont have the big core. I have raced many R's with my setup. None have beat my setup.
The closest race was a guy with rossier and he has hrc kit.
I have yet to loose with my setup. I also had a close race with a new ltr that is fully uncorked,

As for racing an 04 with my setup and full hmf. I beat him every run out of the whole and killed him on topend. I'd rule out the hmf if you want to leave your motor as is and still see a good gain down low.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pa990f471c017c85917682c6e158913f3/ef9d5404.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/p0b0e186e13740f6aeaa1dbeaf0685461/ef9d5401.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pf5d51cf10ee289d3211c45ef9b7bf035/ef9d53fd.jpg

dancap
06-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
lol yeah I saw u sold that thing in like 1 hour.

Was actually wondering what you didn't like about it?

And ur getting a TC? Crap, I'm guna need ear muffs when I ride with you and steve :P

haha yes! I got a pm seriously 5 minutes after i put it up for sale! Anyways, yeah the tc is loud but the bottom end is incredible, and when do i ever use my top end, usually never. And since the tc sacrafices alot of top end, i got a cdi which gives it more a curve to power throughout!

Since you don't like the loud, booming, sounds from the tc or nmotion pipe, i would really look into the curtis sparks or rossier. Both are similar pipes all around and if i had the money to buy a new pipe (thats why i got the tc-got a good deal) I wouldnt hesitate going with either or of those two pipes!