PDA

View Full Version : nose always lands first

bansheerider4
06-28-2006, 11:05 AM
yesterday me and my friends went riding in this rock quary and theres steep hills you can jump..but for some reason just about everytime i landed on the nose of the banshee first...is that cuz i wasnt pulling up?or its just top heavy?or was i goin to fast but i only do it in sexond gear..if anyone knows what could help fix landing like that it would be a great help..

spanky101
06-28-2006, 11:07 AM
hit the rear brake...

bansheerider4
06-28-2006, 11:18 AM
how would that help to straighten it out?jw..ill try it though

Dan_Guetter
06-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by spanky101
hit the rear brake...

If you want to die, take his opinion....

Hitting the rear brakes only helps when the nose is too high......im pretty sure your problem is not giving it gas up the jump....next time stay on the gas...but not pinned...you'll notice a difference...and if your nose goes too high, then hit the back brake.

DOHC
06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Its alot easier to bring the nose down then bring it up so try to bring it up pretty high till u get the hang of it

gbcap
06-28-2006, 11:43 AM
when jumping you need to keep onthe throttle till you take off...not pinned necessarily but on it none the less. this will help you take off more evenly. while in the air you can stay on the throttle and it will bring the rear end down. or you can tap the front brakes. you can also tap the rear breaks to bring the front end down. it is all a finese thing and you just need to practice to get it all down pat.

250r4life
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
yah... especially with a banshee- you want to stay on the throttle and even like to blip it right before i take off... like they said its easy to even it out if your front is up, but not if your front is down... plus if you land on your back wheels youre gunna be a lot better off than if you nose dive... but you can always push the front end forward and level it out as well... make sure and give 'er gas- that'll take care of your problem...

Bighead1
06-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I had that same problem. But I was going to say something close to what he said ^^.

spanky101
06-28-2006, 09:28 PM
sry for the wrong advice... got some stuff mixed up... again sry for the confusion...

06-29-2006, 06:17 AM
in a nose down situation-use front brakes only and or pull in the clutch

nose up situation-rear brakes only and or more throttle

MX MaNiAc 06
06-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
in a nose down situation-use front brakes only and or pull in the clutch

nose up situation-rear brakes only and or more throttle

The front brakes will take the front end down just as well as the rear.

in a nose down situation pin the throttle!

YFZRB
07-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
The front brakes will take the front end down just as well as the rear.

in a nose down situation pin the throttle!

Exactly, hit the throttle when your in mid air to bring up the front end. At take off, let your body be loose and your weight centered, throttle through the top of the jump. I've been working on my technique on this same issue and have been launching off a 3' jump and landing 40' from the lip with good results when I rev or brake in mid air. Good luck

07-01-2006, 01:26 PM
just put a cement block one the ***** end of ur shee and youll be alright.:devil:

Mxjunkie
07-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by YFZRB
Exactly, hit the throttle when your in mid air to bring up the front end. At take off, let your body be loose and your weight centered, throttle through the top of the jump. I've been working on my technique on this same issue and have been launching off a 3' jump and landing 40' from the lip with good results when I rev or brake in mid air. Good luck

haha here's a demonstration... hear me blip the throttle in the air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScxDJtTmKg

This one I kept the throttle just right and didnt have to blip or brake tap, you just have to keep the throttle steady specially with a 2 stroke :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO0krirDsP4

rockman
07-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
haha here's a demonstration... hear me blip the throttle in the air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScxDJtTmKg

This one I kept the throttle just right and didnt have to blip or brake tap, you just have to keep the throttle steady specially with a 2 stroke :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO0krirDsP4

good example.. if only you could see you in the air better.. just to clear this up for everyone, when the front end is too high you hit the rear brake. When the front end is too low you gas it. It all comes down to simple physics but i don't want to go into that unless someone absolutely wants to know

bansheexcracer2
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
the nose goes down first because yamaha puts there motors more twords the front of the frame.

Blue_Streak23
07-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Since i also seem to nose dive landings, I burb the trottle at the lip of the jump, and if i am still rear high in the air, I spike the trottle the pick up the front end.

Also any time you hit the brakes in the air, the four-wheeler will tilt forward.

pit/wood
07-14-2006, 07:41 AM
So many variables,put up a vid of you hittin the jump,you may get better advice.

We have been playin with spring rate and Comp/rebound dampining to adjust the attitude at launch. What is the lip like? you might try putting a little kicker lip for about the top 2- 3 feet of the jump,depends on your wheelbase and susp set-up. how is the transition? If it loads your spring then lets in unload before launch you will nose-dive

The banshees (2) that run here are always diving in nose first compared to the 400s and 450s

just my experiance here at my place

bansheerider4
07-14-2006, 07:42 PM
if i ever get my damn banshee fixed and get a camera ill go out there and video tape it.but its just a hill in a rock quary that there blastin out...if you watch this video its kinda like that hill cuz ours has a little hill you have to go up before it and ours is steeper an a lil taller...kinda almost were youll be goin straight up off the jump

YFZRB
07-30-2006, 06:48 AM
Not enough throttle to pull this one up!:blah:

shftmx300ex
07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
hit the rear brake...

:huh ....no not exactly

YFZRB
08-15-2006, 10:37 AM
And a little too much on this one.:eek2:

Thanx to BKP for the pic

08-17-2006, 01:53 AM
that looks like it might hurt the tail bone:blah:

firefighterjosh
08-17-2006, 01:58 AM
HIt the gas to bring the front end up
Hit the rear brake to bring the front end down

With my shee I would approach the jump standing up with my butt towards the back of the shee. I would have the shee in the power band but not screaming. Then when I hit the lip of the jump I would blip the throttle. Ussualy it worked everytime. Just depends on the jump. Sometime you just can't help it.