PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help

zack221
06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
ok i couldnt decide where to post this so i figured i would just put it in open forum

i bought a new seat for my 2000 400ex and i had to cut the bolts off the old one to get it off and i went to the hardware store and bought some more bolts but they where a little longer and i put the latch back on and was putting the bolts on and they got so far maybe 5 turns and now they wont screw in any more or they wont come out i think the piece in the seat that is threaded turns with the bolt which it aint suppose to do i have even tryed tightening them with an air compressor gun and that didnt work so i tryed taking them out with it but that didnt work either

so my question is how can i get the bolts out without cutting them off because if i cut them off the seat.The seat will be ruined and i will have to buy another seat

YFZ450Ridr
06-27-2006, 11:45 PM
get some vice grips and clamp them on nice and tight verticle with the bolt. then get an adjustable wrench and put it horizontal on the vice grips and turn it and the bolts should back out nice and easy for you.

zack221
06-27-2006, 11:49 PM
i dont really understand what your trying to say but the bolts arent tight i can turn them but they wont come out or tighten

zack221
06-28-2006, 06:39 PM
bump