PDA

View Full Version : 250r question

yamahakid1
06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
would a ported 250r with a bigger carb and bore eat a banshee with mild port pipes and advanced timing with milled head? Im just wondering Im looking into 250r's for my banshee and an wondering if they can kill banshees with just a full port or not. Any help is appreciated

RiderTRX400ex
06-27-2006, 08:36 PM
how well does the shee hook up?? just spin or actually accelerate? i think it would be a good race, im sure everyone will say the shee will eat it tho...

Toadz400
06-27-2006, 11:35 PM
If both riders are the same and the traction is all there, I'm going to have to lean towards the Banshee. Depends on how big of the bore the 250R is, how big the carb is, how well the porting is done, etc. Too many variables to really say which one will win, but when that 350 twin is set up right and it can actually get traction, it's hard to keep up to.

ohsobad_chevy
06-28-2006, 08:13 AM
All I know is that a 'shee with toomey pipes and good engine work done sounds mean as hell on the dunes. I was jackin with a guy on a 'shee on the dunes just so I could hear him rap that bad boy out...Damn they sound cool, definately hear both cylinders hitting. :eek2: