PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha/Warrior guys I need help please

bmurray
06-27-2006, 07:58 PM
This is a copy of a thread I placed in the sport quads 350cc or less. I'm working on my nephews 93 warrior. This past weekend it started running bad and we stopped and looked at the air filter. Box was full of engine oil coming from the vent tube. After looking into this I found he had filled the oil to the TOP of the dipstick (way too much!), so I drained and refilled properly. Well now I'm cleaning the carb and trying to get it running and I can't hardly get it to run with the vent tube on. It still blowing some oil in the box from the tube. It will idle better with the tube off, but spitting oil. I was thinking maybe he cracked a compression ring. My buddy said it could be blowing oil because it overflowed in another area of the engine at the timing gear area??? I thought maybe it got a hydraulic lock when overfilled and cracked something. It really doesn't smoke put deffinately blowing some pressure and oil thru the vent tube. Can anyone shed some lightt on this to an old Honda guy. Thanks

RiderTRX400ex
06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
any off noises like knocking, slapping? will it free rev fine, if youve tried?

bmurray
06-27-2006, 08:42 PM
seems to rev ok. didn't hear anything while idling or reving. Just spitting oil. I hear soemthing when just turning it over, but it's a Yamaha, so maybe it's normal. thanks

mic 902
06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Have you taken of the side covers of the case? I used to have a warrior, 93 model aswell. It alwys had some noices coming from everywhere in the engine even after we completely stripped the gearbox and rebuilt but it never had problems. I reckon just ride it really slowly and dont rev it to hard or anything like you are breaking in a new top end then see if it sorts itself out.;)
Sounds stupid but it works on most old four strokes.