PDA

View Full Version : Why is it running hot?

thrasher_ex
06-27-2006, 06:51 PM
I just put a Rossier full exhaust on my bike and now its acting up. The bike is running HOTT! Within a minute the fan kicks on, which it never has before - this tells me its running hotter than it ever has before. Within a couple minutes some liquid spits out of a breather tube coming from the case that runs along the tube from the airbox to the carb. I think it may be engine oil because I was wondering if I put too much in it (when the pipe was off I changed oils) and it was being pushed out. So I let a little oil out and it hasn't spit out since, but the its still running hot because the fan is kicking on.

My theory is that since I have a K&N and a Rossier full system that there it is running WAY lean, which is in turn making it run hot. Does this sound logical?

And if its not oil coming from the tube that is dumping liquid, what would it be?

Thanks, and sorry for the long post;)

exrider008
06-27-2006, 06:59 PM
is sounds like u r to lean...Did u rejet?

and is sounds like coolent comeing out of the hose i know that on the cr250f thats what is dose when it over heats so it dosent push coolent through any seals.

GPracer2500
06-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Yep. If you didn't rejet then you're lean.

thrasher_ex
06-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I know it's running lean, however I am wondering if running too lean would cause the engine to run a considerable bit hotter?

GPracer2500
06-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
I know it's running lean, however I am wondering if running too lean would cause the engine to run a considerable bit hotter?

Yes.