PDA

View Full Version : Mudfest at Back Mnt.

jlhughes750
06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
how'd everyone do??

rap169
06-28-2006, 05:08 AM
lousy.....between getting stuck in ruts and then my one way breather on my gas tank got clogged and i had vapor lock. It acted like i was out of fuel. I couldnt figure it out until after i sat for 20 min in the woods waiting for a tow, i cracked the cap and heard the air pressure change. Thats when i gave it a kick and drove it out. id like to know what borich was using for tires, irazrs, razr2s , or razr1s. He downright flew through the mud like it wasnt there.

chad6713
06-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Won Open B. Mud was terrible, felt like I weighed about 400 lbs when I got off the bike at end of race!!

rap169
06-28-2006, 08:17 AM
congrats chad. what did you run for tires?

chad6713
06-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks.
I ran 20" holeshot XCR on rear and 22" XCR fronts

Sjorge450R
06-28-2006, 10:07 AM
I won the 91-200 91-300 class :D. I had the same thing happen with the vent tube, but I knew what was going on, so before it died, i ripped it off and kept hauling. I also finsihed 36th overall!!
Besides that, I bent my axle, and lost my front plastic :o

Steve

rap169
06-28-2006, 11:36 AM
good job steve, i wish i knew it was my vent hose sooner so i could have place better. i think i was like 23rd and i only completed two laps, i was on the third when i ran into so many problems.

chad6713
06-28-2006, 11:48 AM
what class were you runnning RAP???

rap169
06-28-2006, 12:08 PM
open c.....i think im moving to b class next year. C lass is becoming way too crouded. Im gonna try b class and try to better myself.

450RGNCC
06-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I was in open C and half way through my 2nd lap i sucked water... so after walking a mile back to my pit for a screw driver and a mile back to my bike I was able to empty out the bowl and finish the lap. So i got 26th in C class. Did anyone see Borich's front shocks? They were the Axis piggybacks but they had small resevoirs, not the huge ones that I am used to seeing??? Is he testing out new shocks or are these already in production?

joedirt
06-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Results are posted. www.bmer.org

joedirt
06-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Was just checking the overall finishes and noticed a "C" class rider finished 4th overall. :confused: Must have been taking the alternate route.:uhoh:

xraven35
06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Nah, Kyles definitely not a track cutter. Hes the real deal.

joedirt
06-30-2006, 05:03 PM
He had a 5 minute real deal lap and a 19 minute real deal lap which are the 2 fastest real deal laps of the race.

rap169
06-30-2006, 05:22 PM
ya i noticed the same thing......i was like wtf 5min? So i thought maybe that was a mistype and it was actually 25 min. then i saw 19 min and i was like....something is def up

chad6713
06-30-2006, 05:50 PM
What I don't understand is that he still won C class and his last lap was like 43 or 45 mins???? I know they had some problems with the computers and had to resort to the old fashioned hand written results. Those posted are probably from the computer. Who knows though he might be the next Borich!?!?!?!?

ex kid
06-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
Results are posted. www.bmer.org

I thought you got second? wtf?

joedirt
06-30-2006, 07:24 PM
The Honda let me down.

xraven35
07-01-2006, 08:33 AM
I dont know about the lap times. I just know him personally and I dont think hes the type of guy thats gonna cut the course like alot of people i see out there. Hes won how many Open C races this year. So i dunno. But i highly doubt he cut the course, I'm sure it was a scoring problem.

jlhughes750
07-01-2006, 10:08 AM
there were ALOT of scoring issues.........I thought I won the vet class, but found out that I confused Lucas (A) with Johnson (Vet) after passing both on the first lap......I thought Lucas caught back up and got around.....but it was Johnston??? I guess I wasn't paying attention.... the scoring thing however had me in the lead and winning at the end so that added to my thinkin I won..... Johnson told them he was the one that one so they changed it..then they tried to bump me to 3rd so I complained.....so the guy says fine Johnson wins and everyone else gets 2nd!!!! ???? Johnston probably did get by me, I had him and Lucas confused thats fine....but Back mnt made it hard for me to swallow at first cause they screwed his scoring up too!!! I checked the times on their site, Johnston finished just under a minute ahead of me.. I was 3rd overall and 2nd in Vet...... there was @6 minutes till anyone else came through so Johnson and I were dedfinetly 1rst and 2nd!!!everyone they had F'd up in every class!!!!!!

my buddy Chuck got screwed cause he had and awsome run passing several guys on the last lap on his red old school 250R!! He finished 4th or 5th.........but a guy he specifically remembered passing (the guy even BS'd with him about being passed) got scored ahead of him bumping him outta the $$.....he got pissed and left instead of correcting it??

cdrookie
07-01-2006, 12:10 PM
does d6 ever have a race without scoring issues? i really don't understand why they get the turnout they do:confused:

ex kid
07-01-2006, 05:28 PM
three words.

ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX

QuadRacer041
07-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
three words.

ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX

you bad mouthing AGP?
the AGP series BLOWS away D6 events.

Karizz
07-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Lou,I think he means that you wont see those problems at an AGP race, because of the GNCC style high tech electronic scoring they use at The AGP races. What I dont understand is, how come some of these D6 guys havent checked out the AGP series? with names like Borich,Hertz,Neidlinger,Verkade, running it.....doesnt it wanna make you check it out?

jlhughes750
07-02-2006, 07:05 AM
I'll be at the AGP next week...........

I did not plan to race the AGP this year..... thats why I don't go!! I have race $ set aside to race the PA State Series... so far I've won more than I've spent getting there and signing up....so I'm ahead of the game.... So now maybe I'l try an AGP event......

Next PA State race is july23 at Rausch.

jlhughes750
07-02-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
you bad mouthing AGP?
the AGP series BLOWS away D6 events.

:D thats just an opinion and I can prove it!!! A friend of mine went to an AGP (warhorse i think).....said it was a cluster f**k!! he said it seemed seat of the pants and disorganized.....they delayed the start a long time cause they thought more guys would show up.....his opinon was that he'd wait till they got it together better before going to another event, he did not recomend going to an AGP event...... thats just his opinion!!!! not mine..... so i'll go to one next week and check it out!!!

Sjorge450R
07-02-2006, 07:43 AM
the reason we dont do AGP is because the races are farther away than all of the D-6 tracks. Also, not everyone has problems with D-6. I dont think that I have had one problem this year, except for a kid that cut coarse and we had proof, but it was on 35mm film, and they said taht they couldnt do anything. Atleast this kid didnt effect my race.

xraven35
07-02-2006, 08:12 AM
I havent checked out an AGP race yet, The NY events are 3 hrs away for me. Foot of MT. is the furthest race for me in D6 at 2.5 hrs and with gas prices the way they are now I just can't afford to go to both series. Next year I'm thinking about running the AGP series and just some D6 events. I've heard good things about AGP though.

Splatter Matter
07-02-2006, 01:41 PM
i got 5th in open b

joedirt
07-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
:D they delayed the start a long time cause they thought more guys would show up

They didn't delay the start thinking more people would show up. They delayed the start because someone:eek2: called saying they were running a little late and Dale was kind enough to wait.

As far as being disorganized...never...the only problem AGP ever had was with the barcode scanner and it's been taken care of.

QuadRacer041
07-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Karizz
Lou,I think he means that you wont see those problems at an AGP race, because of the GNCC style high tech electronic scoring they use at The AGP races. What I dont understand is, how come some of these D6 guys havent checked out the AGP series? with names like Borich,Hertz,Neidlinger,Verkade, running it.....doesnt it wanna make you check it out?

thats kinda what i thought he was saying too but wasnt sure. dave i think you forgot to add my name to that list too, lol

QuadRacer041
07-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
:D thats just an opinion and I can prove it!!! A friend of mine went to an AGP (warhorse i think).....said it was a cluster f**k!! he said it seemed seat of the pants and disorganized.....they delayed the start a long time cause they thought more guys would show up.....his opinon was that he'd wait till they got it together better before going to another event, he did not recomend going to an AGP event...... thats just his opinion!!!! not mine..... so i'll go to one next week and check it out!!!

i believe the race your talking about was the mother's day race and they were very short handed as far as sign up's and staff. and like joedirt said they were waiting for a very well known fast guy to show up who was running a little late.....right joe....:D

ex kid
07-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Karizz

thank you mr. bishop thats exactly what I ment

ex kid
07-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
They didn't delay the start thinking more people would show up. They delayed the start because someone:eek2: called saying they were running a little late and Dale was kind enough to wait.

As far as being disorganized...never...the only problem AGP ever had was with the barcode scanner and it's been taken care of.

yaa what a bonehead

jlhughes750
07-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Like I said............ I have not been to one yet....... so what do I know?

......anyhow...at Back Mnt. for the first time since starting racing in 1994 I had my vent tube glog up and cause delays... there were 3 different straights that the bike would stall after cause it ran the carb dry..I'd have to break loose the lid and get it fired then tighten it back up......hard to do while racing.......I tried tkaing the hose off and wipping it against the bars to clear it........even tried blowing through it:mad: ...........this will not happen again!

Splatter Matter
07-03-2006, 07:54 AM
On the first lap i got hit in the back so hard it split my DR.D in two. so i had on of the loudest DR.D exhaust i ever heard. oh it tweaked my sub frame to. I know who did it to. it was the guy on a mud covered quad.:mad: well the doc said no problem here is a new pipe Thank you Sponsorship well i had to pay shipping &hand
so 5th in open B will work for me.

xraven35
07-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Must be nice to have sponsors... havent gotten any yet.

Derno24
07-04-2006, 04:00 AM
Can't we all get along....I think each series has plusses and minuses. Biggest difference to me is the fact that Dale (AGP) is willing to listen and work with the riders which is way more than I can say for Dist. 6. As for the races starting late I thought it sucked too early in the season, but lately they have been going off fairly well.

Mxjunkie
07-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by rap169
lousy.....between getting stuck in ruts and then my one way breather on my gas tank got clogged and i had vapor lock. It acted like i was out of fuel. I couldnt figure it out until after i sat for 20 min in the woods waiting for a tow, i cracked the cap and heard the air pressure change. Thats when i gave it a kick and drove it out. id like to know what borich was using for tires, irazrs, razr2s , or razr1s. He downright flew through the mud like it wasnt there.

I know he like's to run the Irazr's if its muddy and I belive razr fronts or razr 2's. I remeber reading it in atvsport or quad when they interviewed him. :)

rap169
07-08-2006, 04:39 PM
what rear tire is better, razr1 or razr2 ?

450RGNCC
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
They both have a ton of grip, but the irazr slides better and works a little better in the slop, however the irazr wears down faster