PDA

View Full Version : air filter ?

Honda#4
06-27-2006, 03:33 PM
i think i asked this before but my stock filter is dirty and i blew it out the best i could and i know i can clean it but i dont have any oil to spray on my stock filter so i put my wb power filter on right now but that dont have oil on so could i leave my power filter on for right now until i get some oil for my filters cus it really isnt dusty so i figure it wouldnt be that bad sorry if this is so long.

krt400ex
06-27-2006, 04:04 PM
yes that would work fine. just don't ever do that with a k&n filter

GPracer2500
06-27-2006, 04:30 PM
There is no substitution for proper filter maintenance. If you can afford to put gas in your tank you can afford to buy some filter cleaner and filter oil. Anything short of proper filter maintence is just asking for trouble.

xtullyx16
06-27-2006, 04:48 PM
hi, sorry to steal ur thread if i do but, i washed my quad the other day and i have a K and N with holes on up of my airbox... and i got water into my airbox... will this affect my fourwheeler?? its not 2 much but i didnt know what to do with it..... and whats that snorkle on the 400ex for??

krt400ex
06-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
hi, sorry to steal ur thread if i do but, i washed my quad the other day and i have a K and N with holes on up of my airbox... and i got water into my airbox... will this affect my fourwheeler?? its not 2 much but i didnt know what to do with it..... and whats that snorkle on the 400ex for??

the snorkel keeps water out of the airbox. it is useless if u run a modded airbox or lid. water won't hurt anything as long as u clean it out. on the bottom of the air box there is a small pink rubber resivior. pull that off to drain the water out of the airbox.

xtullyx16
06-27-2006, 05:37 PM
thanks man.... so i should just take out the snorkel now??

krt400ex
06-28-2006, 10:21 AM

if u take out the snorkel then be sure to cover up the hole it leaves behind. if u don't then any little bit of water will get right into ur intake tract

250r4life
06-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
There is no substitution for proper filter maintenance. If you can afford to put gas in your tank you can afford to buy some filter cleaner and filter oil. Anything short of proper filter maintence is just asking for trouble.

exactly... some people and their lack of "respect" and concern for their air filter amazes me...

250r4life
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM

no- dont take your snorkel off... if it is like the 250r like i remember, it is tubing that runs from the airbox up towards the front of the quad?

just leave it there... it will shoot more air towards the airbox, as well as getting air in front of the engine which should be in theory a little cooler... the weight is minimal- so there is no reason to take it off...