PDA

View Full Version : hmf pipes

AtvRider21
08-15-2002, 03:16 PM
are hmf pipes any good cus i want a biiiiggg power/torque gain and not too much louder. please help thanks also i want a dg front bumper does anyone know where i can order one for cheaper than 65 dollars thans

jb400exxx
08-15-2002, 09:17 PM
A friend of mine has an HMF slip-on pipe on his 400ex, he said it gave him a lot of power but unfortunetly it's VERY loud!! it's the loudest pipe i have actually ever heard. his neighbors have actually called the cops on him because of it. it does come with a quiet core that is really quiet but my friend told me it messed up his performance bad, but he said if he rejetted it, it probly would have been a little better. i used to think a raptor with a big gun was loud but the hmf is even louder! sorry to tell you that.

TRAIL
08-15-2002, 10:42 PM
I rode with a raptor that had a full system big gun and it was awsome!!! Deafining but awsome. My HMF is quieter than the big gun but i love my HMF. i had cobra b4 this hmf and its queiter than the cobra and in creases bottom end power more too.buy one!!

jb400exxx
08-15-2002, 11:01 PM
i didn't do a side by side comparison but i know both pipes hurt my ears when i was behind them! lol. but i just thought the hmf might have been a little bit louder, but idk, u have the hmf. the hmf does sound awesome though, i would get one but i think they are a little to loud for where, and how often i ride.