PDA

View Full Version : Cr 50

Rico400
06-27-2006, 10:48 AM
We'll since its summer time ive got pretty much nothing to do. So ive decided i need a project and i think imma get a cr50 and make a little pitbike to play around with. But i got a few questions

1)Can i ride these legally on the streets without a motorcycle lisence?( I live in Oregon)

2) If i put like an big bore kit in it would it still be legal? i think theres some 50cc thing around here, but how would they ever know?

3)How much should i expect to pay for like a newer used one? ive seen modded ones on ebay go for like 600 bucks and new ones are like 1300, so im getting a used one.

i dont really want to get on the highway or anything with this, just cruise the neighborhood and go down the street to my friends house and stuff.

Hon300ex
06-27-2006, 11:00 AM
first of its crf50 or xr 50.
Id think you need a motorcycle license to ride it on the road but im not sure.

trx400exxracer
06-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
first of its crf50 or xr 50.
Id think you need a motorcycle license to ride it on the road but im not sure.

na you dont need a liscence to ride a 50 scooter on the street all you have to do is have your learners so i reckon you could get away with it if it isnt tooo loud and doesnt bother anyone and you have a helmet on and you drive safely on streets

and have you thought of a klx 110 you would have too do less modifying if you buy it mabye like springs, pipe, handlebars, and graphics cosmetics, and all the stuff you want i myself in the future (couple of years) am goin to get my own klx 110:D

hope i helped a little

hardkoratvmxr
06-27-2006, 11:12 AM
all you need is a photo id and you have to be 15 and it has to be 50cc or less but we had a honda elite es moped bored out to like 100cc and they never knew. so if you get one just dont put any graphics that say 125 cc or anything and you should be fine

06-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
all you need is a photo id and you have to be 15 and it has to be 50cc or less but we had a honda elite es moped bored out to like 100cc and they never knew. so if you get one just dont put any graphics that say 125 cc or anything and you should be fine

lol i never knew that i could ride a 50 down the road.

trx400exxracer
06-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
lol i never knew that i could ride a 50 down the road.

more like a 50 scooter but i am sure a crf50 or any pitbike would be fine as your not doing anything crazy disturbing and as long as your wearing a helmet they shouldnt be able to complain:D

Hon300ex
06-27-2006, 11:39 AM
just to let you guys know, if you live in nj, you WILL get in trouble for riding a 50 down the road. they consider in a dirt bike which you cant ride on the road unless its registered and you have a motorcycle liscense.

Rico400
06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
ya but in jersey can u ride those pocket rocket bikes all over? i see them all the time in oregon

thxx for the info guys! im 16 and i got my driving permit so that would be photo id