PDA

View Full Version : g force axle any good

2004-400ex
06-27-2006, 07:31 AM
i need a axle bad and money is very tight now i was wondering if it is any good and if not what are the other cheap axles that are good

brapbrap13
06-27-2006, 07:40 AM
i have a g-force and mine bent. but they have a life time warranty and im just gunna send it back to tucker rocky mountain in a week or so and they will ship me a new one!:D

armysig
06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
I have had mine for about 6 months and I have done MX practice and races on it with no problems.
Just to let you know, every axle out there has bent or snapped off of a quad. Every axle does not promise it will not have some kind of a flaw.
Gforce axles have had a bad rap since they came out, but they do stand by their product and will replace it if it does break or bend.
If you're not crazy on the trails or beat the living daylights out of your quad on the track this is a good axle. People that are reckless and have no regard for their machine will more than likely break any axle or part out there.

2004-400ex
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
ya i think i am gona take that route
when i but it from rocky mountain does it come with everything i need? if not is there something else i need

cals400ex
06-27-2006, 10:35 AM
it comes with everything you need. they may be out of stock....check that out before you order.

armysig
06-27-2006, 10:49 AM
It is only the axle and the spacers that you get with this package. You will be using the STOCK axle Nut for the replacement. Make sure you use a good amount of LOCK TIGHT when you put the new axle on.

Brehmmotorsport
06-27-2006, 01:53 PM
I also have the g force and have been putting it through you know what and back in harescramble races and weekends off jumping. It has held up good.

400ex28
06-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Ive had one for about 2 years now, no problems.

brapbrap13
06-27-2006, 06:34 PM
im pretty sure there back ordered for a couple months.... :[

400exMO
06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by armysig
It is only the axle and the spacers that you get with this package. You will be using the STOCK axle Nut for the replacement. Make sure you use a good amount of LOCK TIGHT when you put the new axle on.
Do aftermarket axles cuase the nut to loosen easier?

Old Head
06-28-2006, 02:53 PM
The new dirtwheels gave it a thumbs up on there project quad.

armysig
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO
Do aftermarket axles cuase the nut to loosen easier?

It's not that the aftermarket axle is making the axle nut loosen easier, it's the fact that you have removed it and it looses its "strength" from being installed the first time on the stock axle.

If this concerns you you can order a new axle nut from your honda dealership. But I see it as a waste of money.

I just put a good amount of lock tight on mine and I just make sure it's tight before I go out riding each time. I have never had it come lose or anything, but it's a good habit to make sure all your nuts and bolts on your quad are snug.

Just like anything else, good preventive maintiance will keep your quad in good running order for years to come.