PDA

View Full Version : My First Crash

Conman007
06-27-2006, 07:21 AM
It did not hurt because i tipped it over and i was in a dicht and the quad was right on top of me. It was my first day out. i was riding a honda 90

Vertical Smile
06-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Pics?:D

400eXr1d3rZ
06-27-2006, 01:42 PM
You need to make this more detailed.

ohsobad_chevy
06-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Conman007
It did not hurt because i tipped it over and i was in a dicht and it was right on top of me.

First day to ride a quad?? :D

MillerTime4187
07-07-2006, 06:28 PM
I logged my first wreck on my 400ex last sunday. I was doin small wheelies up a hill and gave it a touch too much gas one time. Bent the bars a little other than that nothings hurt (thankfully).

yteka99
07-07-2006, 11:31 PM
My first crash happened like a month ago, i was in some tight trials so i wasnt goin hella fast but still, i was doin like 40mph about. And i smashed my right front tire into a tree, my cousin (who was behind me) said, my whole back end went up and almost over. My handlebars twisted and it crushed my leg, i got thrown. I wasnt hurt, other than a bruse from the handlebras hitting my leg. But my tire came unsealed and it bent the rim. But it was slow enuff that i could ride the rest of the weekend.

Iliketogofast
07-09-2006, 05:33 PM
DETAILS! Bike? How did it happen? Pics?

idontknowwhoiam
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
im good fer a roll over er crash every couple weeks....:p

idontknowwhoiam
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM

ohsobad_chevy
07-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by idontknowwhoiam
I have wrecked pretty hard, several times, but I really remember the wrecks that involve trees, they tend to hurt the most!! :p

KILLSWITCHngage
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
It never fails every time I go out and ride with my buddies I will screw up and whipe out. Yet I can survive a 2 hour xc race while riding as fast as I can go and ever will go through the woods and b!tch slapping rough terrain like a step child and at the end of the race, my reaction is '' did i just do that!!'' ''holy crap!!'' The next weekend im out riding with my buddies and go to pull a 3rd gear wheelie only to realize my F' ing rear brakes are gone, well u can see where this is heading,, yeah, right into -a tree- , i didnt know whether to hold on or let go and barrell roll. I have collided with freinds on the trail, trees, rocks, stumps, ditches, briar patches, fences, one squirrell, armadillos, a metal shed and one open truck door. NO QUADS WHERE INJURED IN THESE ACCIDENTS

ohsobad_chevy
07-11-2006, 07:34 AM
^^^^Besides the racing part, I have done all of the above. :D I want to race XC when i get outta college and get a good job. I remember the first time I was on a xc trail (they race on) my cousin and I were flying through the woods, hit a berm and pinned it down a strait away, only to notice that there was a 45 foot step up jump waiting at the end...lol Needless to say, thats as far as Ive gone on stock shocks :eek:

BTW: Killswitch engage Rocks, Bro!!!!

PinelandsRider
07-13-2006, 09:09 AM
my first crash was tuesday, i was goin through this tight trail all the sudden a straight away presented itself and all the sudden im in 4th, then all the sudden the trail turns, so im goin around the curve and then there is this stump. I hit the stump, the one side of my quad lifts up and it tips over, at the exact moment i get horezontile, my body gets clothslined by a tree, quad completely misses the tree but does manage to land on my leg.

my hip is messed up and my leg is sore and ive got trail rash, i guess you'd call it, all over. but im fine, the quad is still good.

ohsobad_chevy
07-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by PinelandsRider
my first crash was tuesday, i was goin through this tight trail all the sudden a straight away presented itself and all the sudden im in 4th, then all the sudden the trail turns, so im goin around the curve and then there is this stump. I hit the stump, the one side of my quad lifts up and it tips over, at the exact moment i get horezontile, my body gets clothslined by a tree, quad completely misses the tree but does manage to land on my leg.

my hip is messed up and my leg is sore and ive got trail rash, i guess you'd call it, all over. but im fine, the quad is still good.

LMAO, Are you against using periods and starting new sentences... sounds like you had a pretty hard spill bro. good thing your quad isnt all jacked up! :)

stock350raptor
07-13-2006, 12:29 PM
my last ride i was riding on tighter trails running around 35 to 40 and took this curve only to find out that there was a 660 grizzly doin the same. This wreck hurt, i busted a couple of knuckles on the grizzly and the handle bars on my bike did some damage to legs. The raptor did the damage on the grizzly like busting the fenders, bumber, radiator, and fan. I got 2 broken headlights and a small crack in the fender!

Conman007
07-13-2006, 12:48 PM
ouch thats what im amfaird of doin

wat happened to the guy riding the grizzly

stock350raptor
07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Nothin really he was alot bigger than me so he didnt move much. When we actually hit i remenber starting to go backward a little bit. But Keep in mind I wieght like 120 pounds on a 350 raptor and this was a guy of around 200 pounds on a 660 grizzly.

Bighead1
07-15-2006, 07:51 AM
I guess I'll add mine up here. I had my first crash 4 years ago on my brand new polaris trail blazer 250. It was my first day on the quad and if you've ever riddin' one you know how hard it is to drive it. Well I was ridin' in my trails doing about 40-45 and lost control of it going around a sweeping turn. (I was inexpierianced at the time) So I frose up. The I went over some inch thick trees, which in turn, threw me off into a tree sideways (or horizontal). The impact broke my femur in half on my left leg and cracked my growth plate under my right knee cap. (and no one leg is not shorter that the other now, lol)

Conman007
07-17-2006, 11:45 AM
ouch that must have sucked

Bighead1
07-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Ya I took for granted things- like walking. (lol) But I did have everybody wait on me hand and foot. :D

ZSNOW
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
i guess i'll post mine too....i was riding through the woods bout 40 miles an hours with my (X) girl friend and i went off to the side to let a yamaha rhino go by and i watched it go by ( while still doing 40) and slammed right into a stump bout 2 feet tall and 1 foot wide...i flipped and landed on the other side of the trail...the quad was fine except a bent clutch...the girl i was dating dumped me the next day

skoon400ex
07-17-2006, 09:53 PM
i was flying down a rez road and i come up over the top of a hill and we had just got heavy rains i didnt kno the road was washed out and i coulnt relle see it i just kept going hit a ditch where it was washed out back end came like a foot off the ground and hit a dirt pile on the side of the road i was 5th gear taped when i hit the ditch too

Conman007
07-19-2006, 06:40 AM
ouch i hate when i have to ride in the rain

tmoney
07-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah its not the first spill thatll get ya its those other ones

NPelletier
08-04-2006, 10:11 PM
i got in my first wreck about a year ago on a 250x. I was too inexperienced and was overestimating my skill and went over a tabletop a little too fast, basicly cleared the whole thing. In the air, my feet lifted off the pegs and when i landed it threw me off the side, as i was flying off i looked up at my bike which i thought was going to flip onto me, i kinda bunched up and took the blow of the ground but luckily the bike corrected and stalled a ways off the track, It wasnt such a bad wreck, but it scared me enough to be alot more careful when riding.

AJ's Blaster
08-09-2006, 08:21 PM
My first wreck was on an lt180. I did a hill climb to big for it and got my ankle sucked under the wheel. I got out of the way of the quad and ended up unhurt. More recently I created a hillclimb for my 400ex and when i did it I couldn't get enough run so at the top of the hill where it got straight up the quad dug in and flew sideways. I bailed off it but thank goodnes my dad was spotting me so he grabbed the front wheel and saved the quad from damage, and I was able to find a nice soft spot to jump into.

08-09-2006, 10:40 PM
i had a 250x and right after it snowed i whent to hiy a nice sized jump that i have been clearing all day.the foot pegs on the x were frozen and had ice on them.my leg flew of the quad and it got stuck under the tire.the quad rolled ajnd i broke my ankle and tore all the ligaments and tendints in my leg;.it was worth it:devil:

krt400ex
08-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by KILLSWITCHngage
It never fails every time I go out and ride with my buddies I will screw up and whipe out. Yet I can survive a 2 hour xc race while riding as fast as I can go and ever will go through the woods and b!tch slapping rough terrain like a step child and at the end of the race, my reaction is '' did i just do that!!'' ''holy crap!!'' The next weekend im out riding with my buddies and go to pull a 3rd gear wheelie only to realize my F' ing rear brakes are gone, well u can see where this is heading,, yeah, right into -a tree- , i didnt know whether to hold on or let go and barrell roll. I have collided with freinds on the trail, trees, rocks, stumps, ditches, briar patches, fences, one squirrell, armadillos, a metal shed and one open truck door. NO QUADS WHERE INJURED IN THESE ACCIDENTS

haha...LMAO.... that's great. i think i have done all the same except for the armadillo and xc racing. i would jump on the chance to race though.

crashing is part of riding. i don't mind it(unless my bike gets banged up) and i think it is fun to push urself and see how far u can go

the moose321
08-19-2006, 08:50 PM
my first wreck i ran into a tree because my front weel couldnt get traction bent the heck out of foot peg :blah: