PDA

View Full Version : gas cans

LTZ400rider
06-26-2006, 08:55 PM
since they make chitty safety cans i need to order one offline. who makes good ones, the jug handles with long spout hose

Rico400
06-26-2006, 10:50 PM
VP Racing fuels, i forgot the ones we got, just like them though.

we are sick of them though. not realy to jugs, but having 5 of them in a trailor, sometimes the caps fall off, and everyone always grabs a fresh one so we got 3-4 jugs with weird amounts in them so its hard to mix for our 2-strokes.

so we are going to get a keg and use it as a place to hold gas, then buy one of those nice electric pump things and stick it on there. So it will be like a fueling station. It should be pretty cool, ill get some pics of it someday when we finish it.

400exrules
06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
i got a VP 5 gallon can off ebay

i got a red one, but i wish i would have gotten white so that it would be easier to tell how much gas was in it

Chicksdigme423
06-26-2006, 11:24 PM
i never put gas in anything other than red cans...

long story short, dad's buddy had a stroke and his wife was trying to help out and poured all their gas cans into the gas tank of their camper... here one of the cans was green and he had it filled with water before he had the stroke...

anyways... lol what i'm saying is if you have a can other than red and someone else MAY use it... i'd write on it so that doesnt happen to you, cause it took about 5 hours to drop the tank and clean out all the lines and the carb... granite a quad would be alot easier fix but... just sayin

06-26-2006, 11:27 PM
The way we do it is that we have big jugs and put regular gas in them. And then we have a smaller and skinnier one that we mix oil into the gas and make weedeater gas. Then we have the smallest one dedicated to my 4-wheeler. :chinese:

Nick110
06-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Chicksdigme423
i never put gas in anything other than red cans...

long story short, dad's buddy had a stroke and his wife was trying to help out and poured all their gas cans into the gas tank of their camper... here one of the cans was green and he had it filled with water before he had the stroke...

anyways... lol what i'm saying is if you have a can other than red and someone else MAY use it... i'd write on it so that doesnt happen to you, cause it took about 5 hours to drop the tank and clean out all the lines and the carb... granite a quad would be alot easier fix but... just sayin

For further refernce its GRANTED not GRANITE which is what some counter tops are made out of.:blah: