PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Chain.

Scott-300ex
06-26-2006, 06:45 PM
I went riding yesterday and this week I am going threw the whole quad. So I went to adjust the chain and I figured you just loosen the 4 allen screws then hit the eccentric with a screw driver and a hammer around clockwise(from the left side of the bike). So I did that and it wouldn't go anymore, then it was in nuetral but it was real hard to turn the tires. So I lifted it up and hit it back the other way and somehow it got tighter and its by where it was originaly. The tires and axle seem to move fine now.

Now another question is-Is the mark on the swinger(little pinhole) supposed to line up with the mark on the chain adjuster eccentric(1/8 bump)?

crazedape
06-26-2006, 10:44 PM
loosen the four allen head bolts and with the same allen head stick it in the slot that is kind of on the side it looks like an indention of the allen head wrench and pull it back towards you. The slot is on the left hand side if you are standing behind your quad.

Scott-300ex
06-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Yes, there are 3 slots correct? Thats wut I did but then that all happend. I think I need to take a link out of the chain and move it all the way up.

The tires seem to move free now.