PDA

View Full Version : engines cannot compress a liquid

hondamxerd
06-26-2006, 06:42 PM
bad race yesterday, horrible nasty, knee high water, with that said, water went through air filter to engine, bent rocker arm and valve, my question is, should i replace all the valves and rockers, if so what brand and where to get them for the best price, are rockers something that i can put in or need to be put in at a shop, piston is ok, and if i call the shop what all should i price out, seals, etc. thanks

krt400ex
06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
yes u should def. replace all the valves and rockers. reason being that the new ones will have less wear than the old ones and the tolerances will be diff. because of the diff. in wear. don't know what brand to get, but i will say not to get ti valves. they wear much quicker

RiderTRX400ex
06-27-2006, 04:29 PM
go with stock rockers, i think thats all u can get.. should replace all of them at once

TheBlasterMan
06-27-2006, 08:08 PM
i feel lucky i swamped my quad in water over the handle bars, the quad even floated and rolled on its side, we drained everything out and it ran. I just had to drain the oil 7 times before all traces of water were out.

pnut420
06-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by hondamxerd
bad race yesterday, horrible nasty, knee high water, with that said, water went through air filter to engine, bent rocker arm and valve, my question is, should i replace all the valves and rockers, if so what brand and where to get them for the best price, are rockers something that i can put in or need to be put in at a shop, piston is ok, and if i call the shop what all should i price out, seals, etc. thanks

I dont know if hes around much anymore, but mike boone used to have get deals on heads, you could send him yours and he will freshen it up pretty cheap with valves, seals, etc...

ohsobad_chevy
06-28-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by TheBlasterMan
i feel lucky i swamped my quad in water over the handle bars, the quad even floated and rolled on its side, we drained everything out and it ran. I just had to drain the oil 7 times before all traces of water were out.

I dumped mine (400ex) in the lake once. It floated as well :p :p

I pulled it out and drained all the water out of the airbox, she fired up first try. lol Gotta love those 400's. ;)

EXevan91
06-28-2006, 06:12 PM
iam sad to say one of my lake side trail/stearm crossing was raging to day and i went for a swim ... and tipped her up and drained her out and started right up... fresh rebuild: )( well it was my retad moment of this year.