PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock carbs

Eviltanker
06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Not sure if this was brought up before but,Whats the deal with the new Edelbrock carbs? I was told by a dude if you have one on your quad you never have to rejet?! is this true? if so how much do they run about and does anybody know how reliable they are? Also what about hydraulic clutch kits. Are they worth it and who makes them? Price range?

GPracer2500
06-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Regarding the Edlebrock: I don't think it's that you don't have to rejet it's that the jetting changes are made through external adjusters instead of internal jet changes.

AR15 guy
06-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I can't find it but I read an article that stated the edelbrock carb added 3hp to a pretty much stock 400ex. Said they had better gains from the carb than a full exhuast system.

bmurray
06-26-2006, 07:53 PM
where can you get them?

smitht316
06-27-2006, 09:35 PM
i have an edelbrock carb on my 426...... the rejetting in kinda of true..... edelbrock sells i believe(not 100% sure) but 20 different needle sizes. its true that you dont have to rejet it once you get the right needle size. it comes with a tool that adjust the needle height. stock comes with a size 17 needle, the carb also comes with a 15 and 19. im running the 19 on mine right now, it is a HAIR lean but runs great. its really a nice carb, fires right up everytime and idles without me having to hold the throttle at all. the only problem is that it took me forever to get this thing fine tuned. but i think its worth it. the needles are pretty expensive and you have no idea which one you need to buy about $13 a piece.