PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

R1DE
06-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Ok I am getting into quads and was looking at the yfz450. I was wondering if you have to check the vavles every 10-15 like you have to on a regual motocross bike. Or can you just ride it whenever you want not having to worry about it. I'm not going to be racing it just trail riding and some local pits.

GPracer2500
06-26-2006, 05:49 PM
It's tuned a little different than the MX version of that engine. Maintenance is similar to any other sport quad.

R1DE
06-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
It's tuned a little different than the MX version of that engine. Maintenance is similar to any other sport quad.

So I dont have to worry about the vavles. Because I dont want to get one and them have big problems later on.

GPracer2500
06-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by R1DE
So I dont have to worry about the vavles. Because I dont want to get one and them have big problems later on.

I'm not sure what you mean by "worry about the valves". You need to check and adjust valves on any quad at regular intervals. The owners manual and/or service manual will indicate a recommended interval. I'm 99% sure it's going to be longer than 10-15 hours.

06-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Unless you race pro mx you don't have to check the valves. I mean its good to check them, but you don't have to worry about them every time you ride.

R1DE
06-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks guys for all the replies. And when I said "worry about the vavles" I meant like will I have to shim them and all that stuff like you have to do on a motocross dirtbike. But my questioned was answered.

tltcracing
06-30-2006, 08:51 PM
on my 450r i get them checked 2 times a year. mine have never waverd from the factory settings since the day i got it almost two years ago. honda reliablility is awsome. i wouldent buy anything that wasnt a honda but the yfz is an awsome quad too that isnt very hard to take care of.