PDA

View Full Version : Airbox eliminator

450R_lover
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Anyone run without the airbox? I know alot of people probably do that race MX or ride in the sand, but does anyone run one that races and rides the occasional trail. I want to know how clean the filter stays and how often you have to clean it. I know an outerwear will be used, so i want to know how dirt that gets also. I dont want to damage the engine but I really want to get ride of my airbox and intake setup that i have now. I think it would breath better and be alot better looking. Just give me some thoughts and tell me what you think. I ride trails but plan to race some ... sometime .
Thanks

White7
06-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I ride trails all the time,just stay out of the water and your OK

450R_lover
06-26-2006, 07:28 PM
awesome man.. thanks i appreciate it. Which airbox eliminator kit do you have? I have seen the ESR ... then on ebay there is one that uses a larger 3 and a half inch diameter filter for the 04/05 and the metal is sand blasted aluminum. I just wondered if it was worth it to get the one on ebay with the larger filter for about $120 or just get the ESR for $80. Its only $65 but w/ outerwear it would be 80. What do you guys think??

GIXXER1KR
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
I recommend An open airbox with the outerwear.No advantage of running no airbox.I ran into a lot of problems with the puddles with no airbox on my 2 stroke!!!!!!!