PDA

View Full Version : Tight Trails

Ern
06-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I just had new razors put on and I have 20 inchs in the back and I just went to a 14 tooth front sprocket and I noticed I recieved a good amount of top end but when im in the woods through creeks and tight trails and around trees my low end torque was nice to spend the back end around corners and such but now its gone. Im not sure im liking this sprocket for that.

I do like the top end but is there a way to gain back some of my low end while keeping my new top end?

Oh, I have a 300ex. its also been piped and jetted and a k&N

Sjorge450R
06-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ern
I just had new razors put on and I have 20 inchs in the back and I just went to a 14 tooth front sprocket and I noticed I recieved a good amount of top end but when im in the woods through creeks and tight trails and around trees my low end torque was nice to spend the back end around corners and such but now its gone. Im not sure im liking this sprocket for that.

I do like the top end but is there a way to gain back some of my low end while keeping my new top end?

Oh, I have a 300ex. its also been piped and jetted and a k&N

you cant have both. Either have to decide between Top end or bottom end.

drifterx
06-26-2006, 07:33 PM
You can't have both, but you can have 50/50 if you play around with it. I loved my 14t front sprocket, i just use it, and stock rear. Seemed pretty close to stock to me.

zeppelin
06-26-2006, 09:02 PM
my 300 always had plenty of back tire spining power with the same mods you have... maybe you just need to get used to the new gearing...