PDA

View Full Version : calling all computer/electronic helpers

redrider311
06-26-2006, 10:31 AM
ok so i just bought the new Sprint-samsung A920 phone

it comes with a mini SD memory card and i was informed that i could put music on this card and then that way it would play through the phone...

so i had to buy a USB device that allows information from your computer to be put on your mini SD card

so i go online and download some Mp3 files and then i transfre them onto the mini card and then i put it in my phone and then it says theres no media on the card

so then i go back and put songs from a CD on the card and then it says theres no song files but then when i go look at the amount of space ive used on my card it says ive used a little over a third of it... my question is what do i have to do to be able to make these songs be recognized by the phone so i can play them on there?

any other info you need just ask and ill try to help as much as i can..

thanks guys,
mark

MOFO
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
You may have to format the card. My pocket PC required this when using a SD card. Your phone should have came with software to handle this if required.

Have you read the instruction book yet?

redrider311
06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
ive read the instructions and they only talk about how to put pictures on your computer from the card, the USB storage device that i bought was extra and thats how the guys at sprint said they put music on their phones and i understand how it works i jsut dont know why its not working, ive called customer service and everyone and i never get a straight answer

the only thing i got was that some lady said songs needed to be .jp or .jsomething, is this ringing any bells?

how do i do this?

thanks,
mark

midnight
06-26-2006, 06:41 PM
make sure the songs are in mp3 format,I had the same problem tring to put music on my phone,thats bout all i can think of

redrider311
06-27-2006, 09:20 AM
ok ok well thats what they kept telling me, if i download a song from the internet and it says .mp3 on it shouldnt it work? because even those songs dont work

what else do i need to do?