PDA

View Full Version : Dies in hard s-curve on track!

jcline
06-26-2006, 06:01 AM
My 04' Z400 dies in a section of my practice track where I have a left hand 110 deg turn and right hand 110 deg turn. It's an S-curve that I'm in 2nd gear through. My bike will sputter when I get back in the gas after the last corner then die. I pump the throttle a couple times and she starts back up. I haven't had this problem in any of the single corners. Engine and pipe are stock.

Titanium
06-26-2006, 10:32 AM
put it on prime and see if it'll run fine. i had a similar case as yours and when i put it on prime it ran fine.

jcline
06-27-2006, 06:11 AM
So what you're saying is there's nothing wrong, Zs just don't like hard s-curves? I may just be looking at a design issue.

I'll try it on prime later this week and see if it works.

Thanks.

Flynbryan19
06-27-2006, 06:43 AM
No, its not just a design issue....:rolleyes: lol

Your most likely either stretching or pinching your choke cable when you make the hard turn. Mine did the same thing when I got aftermarket bars. The cable was not long enough and when I would turn the bars full to the left it would slightly engage the choke and cause it to die. Check and make sure your cable isn't in a bind or being over stressed.

If its being overstressed you can do like I did and slide the instrument cluster(lights/kill/choke cluster) closer to the center of your bars. This should help. Your quad should not die just because you turn.