PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the elka dampner is going to be better than the precision?

FireMedic686R
06-25-2006, 06:21 PM
What do you guys think? I just ordered my precision and hope that I made the right decision..

tltcracing
06-26-2006, 11:29 AM
nobody (but early realeses to pros) have ever ridden an elka damp so you really wount know the diff untill it comes out. but you will not be dissapionted with the PC, its a great unit.

eganracing
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
you will be happy with any dampener u choose. there are people who r happy with just the stick dampeners and there r others that have to have the newest and greatest product. i have the precision and i dont plan on ever switching dampeners ever again.

DirtDevilBT
06-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Ding Ding Ding

I like my Denton and the money I saved. My cousin has the Scotts dampener and they have been around for ever. It uses 2 or 3 way adjustment like the other but for some reason it doesn't get the hype the others get. What's up with that? It's a really nice unit and it's been out longer than precision I believe.

eganracing
06-27-2006, 12:36 AM
i used to run the scotts but i hated the adjustments and was completly confused by the unit. im sure it was just a user error but i find my precision to be much easier to adjust.

Iliketogofast
06-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Somebody I know actually has the Elka dampener on his 450R and I didn't like it much. I haven't ridden the precision one yet, but I didn't think the Elka made much of a difference.

Don't ask me how he got it because I didn't ask. I didn't know they weren't released yet. He works at the local Honda dealer but I don't see how that would help him get his hands on one.

woodsman250r
06-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Just because it has more adjustments doesn't mean its better. Sometimes simple is better and the adjustments on the Precision are more than enough for 99% of the people who use it, pros included. Elka came out with the new Trac shocks that have like a million tunning nobs on it but yet Natailie took them to GT Thunder to have him rework them proving that all those adjustments are not always better. Only time and comparision between the two will determine which works better, but with what I have seen from Elka I doubt that it will be better than the Precision.

Punk'd
06-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I think there both going to feel the same and no one is going to be able to tell the diffrence.

But what do I know.. Maybe Elka did some research:)

300exHILLER
06-27-2006, 11:28 AM
EKLA did 2.5 years of R&D on this damper. I don't know how much R&D PC did on theirs but the time and money spent by ELKA on R&D should tell you something.

dirtdude
06-27-2006, 02:39 PM
It took Elka 2.5 years to do what? Copy a Scotts/Ohlin motorcycle damper. They even copied the funky mounting that was obviously for a bar mount.

High low speed = Scotts
Return to center = Scotts
Angle between straight and cornering = Scotts

From Elka’s Website
The System 5 steering damper is second to none in terms of adjustability, providing five different adjustments: high-speed damping, low-speed damping, return to center damping, angle between straight or cornering and cornering damping level

the predator
06-27-2006, 06:41 PM
i run a wer on my race quad and ran a denton on a practice one...i really like my wer, but i'd like to try a precision and an elka out at a race someday to see the difference.

DirtDevilBT
06-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by dirtdude
It took Elka 2.5 years to do what? Copy a Scotts/Ohlin motorcycle damper. They even copied the funky mounting that was obviously for a bar mount.

High low speed = Scotts
Return to center = Scotts
Angle between straight and cornering = Scotts

From Elka’s Website
The System 5 steering damper is second to none in terms of adjustability, providing five different adjustments: high-speed damping, low-speed damping, return to center damping, angle between straight or cornering and cornering damping level

THANK YOU! jesus krIminy

300exHILLER
06-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm just telling you how long it took. They can't copy one another because of pattern laws. You can defend or put down what ever company you want, I’m just stating facts. Look at it this way the more competition there is between stabilizers the better it is for the consumer. We all win on that fact.

DirtDevilBT
06-28-2006, 07:40 PM
O no no, no arguements here. It's all good and the info is nice. I'm sure these high end dampeners will soon be made out of chinese metal or high impact plastic soon or later, not forgetting the Walmart label on it.:p