PDA

View Full Version : Respring stock shocks or purchase aftermarket ??

Dune Surfer
06-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi guys,
I purchased some +2 a-arms for my new YFZand need help deciding if I should order a triple rate spring setup for my stockers or order a set of rec shocks instead. I don't have $$$ in my budget to get shocks with ressies and comp adjustments. Spring kit is about $300 rec shocks about $450. Give a brither a little advice. I ride dunes hard and fast and weigh about 230lbs and want a plush ride.

Pappy
06-25-2006, 11:16 AM
AFTERMARKET FRONTS WITH A REBUILT REAR imo

Dune Surfer
06-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Pappy,
Thanks for the reply. I just purchased a 06 YFZ, and I wanted to thank you for your ride report!! It helped me make my desicion.:)
My funds are pretty limited after buying the quad and a-arms. I wasn't to thrilled with my last set of elka's, what do you suggest for a aftermarket rec shock?

Pappy
06-25-2006, 11:41 AM
On a budget, I would try buying used, but most of the time the shocks still need work to make them right. Elka's customer service and willingness to make you happy should be more then enough to try them again. Did you contact them with regards to your other set?

I know C&D is about to release something on the YFZ and 450R shocks, maybe give colby a call and run your situation past him and he can offer up pricing etc.

popo
06-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Hi guys,
I purchased some +2 a-arms for my new YFZand need help deciding if I should order a triple rate spring setup for my stockers or order a set of rec shocks instead. I don't have $$$ in my budget to get shocks with ressies and comp adjustments. Spring kit is about $300 rec shocks about $450. Give a brither a little advice. I ride dunes hard and fast and weigh about 230lbs and want a plush ride.

Send your shocks to GT Thunder. The best in the business.