PDA

View Full Version : bogging down on jumps, not tip over

ridinbikes247
06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
everytime i jump or even hit a slight bump and get a lil bit of air and land it has about a 3-4 second bog time where there is no gas goin through and then after the 3-4 seconds it fainlly goes....as soon as i land i can floor it or barley give it gas and it will not do anything for about 3-4 seconds...i tried the tip over swtcih and it had no affect and i took it to my mechanic and they have no idea , any of ya'll have ideas or maybe same problem?

quadwunner
06-25-2006, 11:10 AM
my friends lil sis has a 250 ex that is dewin the same thing. It seems to be going away, but it use to be worse. If u hit a decent set of whoops it will dew it but i think that a hose was clogged from dirt being in the tank.

Quadprorider
06-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Take your gas tank off and on the bottom there is a petcock. Remove the 2 bolts holding it on and you will see a screen type filter. I bet that the filter has dirt restricting gas flow and causing you a bog. Most likely you will have to take your fuel pump off and clean it also which sounds like a big deal but it's really simple when you take your time. Worst case scenario you will have to spend about an hour and a half doing those things. Make sure from now on you are very careful about that cleanliness of the fuel jugs you use and make sure you use a funnel with a screen on it to be extra safe on not getting anymore dirt in your gas tank. Good luck and if you having any questions about the above either post back or email me at Greencash02@aol.com and I will get back to you asap.

Nick

hard one
06-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Are you talking about your ltr 450 bogging out it shouldnt becuse it is fuel injection my ltr 450 dosent do that. my 300ex dose that, because it is a carburated engine it just means all of the fuel in the float bowl is splashing all around instead of going threw the jet to the carb.
if it is your ltr 450 it means your fuel pump is going out,mabey.

ridinbikes247
06-25-2006, 01:22 PM
i dunno, i thought maybe the tip over swtcih might be defected and when i land of a jump maybe it is shorting out causing it to not cut off but just bog down and then it will catch its self and then let gas go back through....the dealer said they was gonna clean all the fuel line and stuff but i figured if there was dirt in line or such it would do it all the time or more often, not just off jumps

sinzbrosracing4
06-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
Take your gas tank off and on the bottom there is a petcock. Remove the 2 bolts holding it on and you will see a screen type filter. I bet that the filter has dirt restricting gas flow and causing you a bog. Most likely you will have to take your fuel pump off and clean it also which sounds like a big deal but it's really simple when you take your time. Worst case scenario you will have to spend about an hour and a half doing those things. Make sure from now on you are very careful about that cleanliness of the fuel jugs you use and make sure you use a funnel with a screen on it to be extra safe on not getting anymore dirt in your gas tank. Good luck and if you having any questions about the above either post back or email me at Greencash02@aol.com and I will get back to you asap.

Nick

could this happen to a yamaha blaster to? the bogging

KWAD GAWD
06-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Mine did that once when I was low on gas.

hicktown 357
07-08-2006, 10:38 PM
it aint the quad i got one and i've got a 42ft double in my back yard it dont bog when i hit it

KWAD GAWD
07-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by hicktown 357
it aint the quad i got one and i've got a 42ft double in my back yard it dont bog when i hit it
He's talking about a problem HE'S having with HIS LT-R. Just because yours "don't bog", doesn't mean his "don't bog".

CdaleXtreme
07-10-2006, 02:02 PM
You have dirt in your fuel system.

you need to go down through your fuel system, drain and clean the whole way from your tank. down to your fuel injector.

Dirt collects on the filter in your swirl tank, in your throttle body, and finally clogs your injector.

Give me a call at 814-695-2453 if you need a walk though

Ask for Kyle

yamracer
07-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Are you sure your shifting when your suppose to!. . Why not down shift and see what happens. . I bet your in to high of a gear goin to slow. .

Crazie
07-12-2006, 09:48 PM
A friend of mine had the SAME EXACT issue. His problem was a faulty fuel pump...replaced under warranty.

The tip over switch, from my understanding operates like a circuit breaker so-to-speak. Once it kills the quad, you have to turn the key switch off, then back on to get it running again. Once the TOS makes contact, it cuts fuel until the circuit is reset, so you wouldn't get a bog at all, it would just die on you.

I know you said it wasn't the TOS, I was just providing the information that a friend was kind enough to give to me. He did some serious research on the TOS when he was having this issue.

KWAD GAWD
07-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by yamracer
Are you sure your shifting when your suppose to!. . Why not down shift and see what happens. . I bet your in to high of a gear goin to slow. .
He seems to be having a bike problem, not an operator problem... I'd have to agree about the fuel pump, sounds like it's not getting gas.. or there may be dirt in the system.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU LOOKED IN THE BOTTOM OF YOUR GAS CAN WITH A FLASHLIGHT?
I just did, and it wasn't pretty.

Baumann65
07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
My ltr doesnt have that problem. KOW

kids on quads
07-15-2006, 05:42 AM
its your fuel filter under the gas tank, replace it and it will be fine, this info comes direct from P.T at team suzuki.