PDA

View Full Version : Tomahawk Quad MX Race 7-8-06

DBF1972
06-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I posted a thread a while back about Tomahawk MX park's new quad mx track that Chad and his staff had built. The track is not that good at all, and to be honest with you I am dissapointed with Chad's attempt to build us D7 racer's a practice track that is close for some of us in No. VA to drive to. I have been going to Breezewood a lot lately and love it there. Though coordination with Bruce Hutton, and sending Chad another e-mail basically making it known to him about the track and the possibility of riding on the main track on certain weekends, I have had no reponse from him.

Getting to my point (sorry), Tomahawk's quad mx race for D7 is scheduled for 7-8-06. I believe some of the members of this forum who read it, are discouraged, and will not be attending the race on 7-8-06. I may reconsider and go, just to race / ride and possibly talk to Chad that day. I guess my question to you guys (and gals) is should we go and race? Should we go and support Chad, and maybe change his mind about letting us practice on the main mx track in the future?

I am torn here on this decision....I have been going to Tomahawk for many years now, and have supported and been loyal to that facility and Chad. I may go....How many plan on attending the race? Also, has anyone been there to see the track, and have the same thoughts as I do? I would like to see him allow us back on the main track, to help support us and our growing sport.

Thanks...

Pappy
06-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Tough call, support the district and race and you support a track that has basically closed itself off to quads.

Ive had people go to Tomahawk and feedback was lousy on the new "track" if you can call it that.

I cant understand atleast allowing a few practice days a month, its dangerous to race a track your unfamiliar with. If I had to vote, i would vote for giving them the cold shoulder.

wvspeedfreak
06-25-2006, 12:18 PM
We have marked this race as one we wanted to attend(my son will be racing a mini) because it is basically the closest track to us.I used to ride there fairly often and also take my son there to ride but we haven't been there in over a year.Will the race be on the main track or the new track?Like I said,I haven't been there in quite some time or talked to anyone that has.

DBF1972
06-25-2006, 12:41 PM
It will be on the main mx track. The "new quad" track is way too small to hold any races on. You can't even have 3 quads ride on it at one time. I think I may have to pass..

wvspeedfreak
06-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Well,I'll put it this way.Due to my work schedule we are left with a choice to either run the Breezewood race 4th of July weekend or Tomahawk on the 8th not both.I was leaning towards Breezewood anyway.You just helped me make my decision.
I personally will spend my money where I am welcomed and Breezewood supports quads 100%.

DBF1972
06-25-2006, 01:26 PM
I suppose you are right "Pappy". I think the cold shoulder idea is good. To clear something up though, the big "push" for me on the Tomahawk MX track thing is that it is a lot closer (travel wise 1-1/2 hours away) from where I live. It would be nice to have someone support us that has a better "locallity" to us No. VA riders / racers. Tomahawk is our last option, and now, not an option any longer I am affraid. I agree with you I won't go, but it's tough sometimes to drive 2-1/2 - 3-1/2 hours just to practice / race. I guess it's been difficult for me because I use to race bike mx a lot and I had Mountaineer and Tomahawk raceways less than 1-1/2 hours from my home. I love quads, and won't go back to bikes, but sometimes I can't figure out why these places will not support us.

Pappy
06-25-2006, 01:48 PM
LOL...im 2 minutes from Tomahawk. We drive to Breezewood for a good time. id rather drive 2 hours and know that my hard earned money is going in the pockets of a place that wants me there!

Tomahawk made its decision about quads and thats that. They have every right to only allow bikes, at the same time we have every right to choose wether we will support events for quads when they do decide to "allow" us to compete there. For what ever reason, quads are not wanted.

I forwarded this thread to the D7 rep. I hope he doesnt take this personal, but he needs to be aware of things involving D7 tracks. The arguement could be made that Actiontown also does not allow open practice, but that is for EVERYONE not just quads.

My feeling is simple, we will support those that support us.

DBF1972
06-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Ok...I'll shutup now. 2 minutes...wow, I thought I had it bad. You know, I was pondering the idea of sending an e-mail to Jeremy Brandwein (if that's still our Rep.) to find out what the deal was around here. Thank you for doing so. He needs to be informed of these things. I appreciate it. I wish I was 2 minutes from Breezewood though!

mike_repine
06-26-2006, 08:20 AM
LOL...im 2 minutes from Tomahawk. We drive to Breezewood for a good time. id rather drive 2 hours and know that my hard earned money is going in the pockets of a place that wants me there!

Pappy, I couldn't agree with you more. Dan, Amanda, Niki, Mike and the rest of the Breezewood crew appreciate ALL their riders, bikes and quads. I'm very grateful to them for being there and giving us such an awesome place to ride. It's a shame more places aren't more like them. I do think though as the popularity of quads continues to grow more places will reconsider their current position regarding quads on their tracks; at least I hope they do.

As for the July 8th race at Tomahawk, I think I'll have to pass on it as well DBF1972. You and I talked about this on Friday and as much as I want to race I'm not going to race where I'm not really wanted. I'll support D7 racing but Tomahawk is a no-go for me until they start allowing us on the main track. See you guys at Breezewood!!!!!!

DBF1972
06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I agreee mike_repine....we should support those who only support us. I would like for them to get with the program about our growing sport, and support us more. All of D7! I think "Pappy" was going to send this thread to the D7 ATV MX Rep. at D7. Maybe that will start a "movement".

I e-mailed Joe Byrd, looks like I am also all set for the school on
8-19-06 & 8-20-06. I will talk to you about it later off-line.

Thanks....