PDA

View Full Version : Help please..Overheating maybe?

Vem YFZ450
06-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi guys.
Friday I bought a brand new 06 YFZ 450. I had to wait a day till the dealer that I bought it from put it together. This morning I received the bike and now Im having problems.

Here is the problem.

When I turn the Bike on it will stay on for not even 10 seconds. But when I hold the throttle a little so it can stay on, the bike stays on. It turns right off when I let it go. Then I started noticing that on the side of the engine it leaked a little bit of oil, then I also noticed that the exhaust is getting over heated(Where is connected near the engine). The darn thing turned red like lava.

Anyone can tell me how to get this problem fixed?

GPracer2500
06-25-2006, 08:51 AM
This is probably worth a read: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229923

I'll let other YFZ riders help you find a baseline for approriate YFZ jetting specs, but that link will help you set the pilot circuit. The pilot circuit controls fuel metering from idle to about 1/4 throttle.

Bill Fuller
06-25-2006, 08:55 AM
If it won't run,take it back.As far as the pipe turning red that is normal.Sounds like jetting issues to me.

04blackyfz450
06-25-2006, 04:14 PM
all it is jetting which is lean in stock form and idle issues, the pipe turning red is normal

Vem YFZ450
06-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Sorry to say but I felt off the bike doing a wheelie by pressing on the back brakes too hard. It resulted with me having a broken ankle. Now I have to wait till Thrusday to get surgery.

I didnt even got to put 10 mins of riddin. I should of wait till I felt comfatable to start doingf tricks.

But what a big difference going from a blaster to 450.

DieselBoy
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
First and formost: Take it back to the dealer, DO NOT tamper with it.

engine should not be leaking oil....
should idle perfectly....