PDA

View Full Version : Aux. oil cooler?

brian-250
06-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Now i know this has been done before i don't know about it being done with this type before, i have a FST oil cooler for a warrior in the shop. It was for my dad warrior but we never got it on there and he no longer has the quad. So my question is, can i make this work on my 400? Its just a two port in/out cooler, i have the hoses valves ext. already, what I'm wondering is if i can just T into the lines going to the factory cooler? would this work ok still or would i have to run new lines? any help is appreciated.

AR15 guy
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
You could probably piggy back the lines. Just run both coolers. Honestly if you can make it fit a regular automotive transmission cooler could be made to work.

brian-250
06-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Yes i know about anything will work, but theres difference between working and working properly. i might tear into it tommorow and see what i can make work, ill keep updates posted if anyone cares. :p

AR15 guy
06-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Any oil cooler will work properly. Just needs to be in a position to receieve airflow.

GPracer2500
06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I think what brian-250 was getting at is that he wants to make sure he isn't going to screw up the flow/pressure of the oil by just tapping into the oiling circuit where ever it's convinient. That's what I got anyway.

Several people on here have done oil cooler installs and posted pics on how they did it. I'd do a search for those pics and related discussion.

brian-250
06-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
I think what brian-250 was getting at is that he wants to make sure he isn't going to screw up the flow/pressure of the oil by just tapping into the oiling circuit where ever it's convinient. That's what I got anyway.

Yup, thats what im wondering, mainly just if the oil pump was gonna have enough pressure to push it through both coolers at a steady pace, make sense now?

AR15 guy
06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I doubt it will be a problem but I do not know for sure. Shouldn't be that much more pressure needed to push it since you will have more oil in it also.

I am sure someone who actually knows what they are talking about will chime in soon enough.