PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye predator hello YFZ

Dune Surfer
06-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Well it's official, I am a 06 Yfz owner. My predator was a good duner, but it was time it retire it. Three seasons had started to slow it down. I got a KILLER deal for the06 Yfz $5999 OTD plus I bought a 4.5 year warrenty for $240, on top of that they gave me 20% off on all the extra aftermarket stuff. I got a-arms,nerfs,bumper,pro flow, brake lines, and a shirt for $856. Alba rules. Can't wait to try it out on sunday

frickle400ex
06-25-2006, 07:22 PM
any pics ..it sounds awsome now lets see this bad boy 06 YFZ!!!!

QuadJunkies
06-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Congrats Tony!!!
You will have to come up next season and go duning!:macho you missed a GREAT trip!

250r4life
06-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Well it's official, I am a 06 Yfz owner. My predator was a good duner, but it was time it retire it. Three seasons had started to slow it down. I got a KILLER deal for the06 Yfz $5999 OTD plus I bought a 4.5 year warrenty for $240, on top of that they gave me 20% off on all the extra aftermarket stuff. I got a-arms,nerfs,bumper,pro flow, brake lines, and a shirt for $856. Alba rules. Can't wait to try it out on sunday

you got that from alba? do you have to pay cash in order to get that, or...? does it have the alba graphics and add ons and everything, or...? let me know.. i may be interested in driving over there and picking one up...

pnut420
06-27-2006, 08:30 PM
:cool: I cant believe its been three years since you have had the predator, your gonna love the yfz. If you head out to pismo in the next month or so let me know, Ive got a broken collarbone now but it will be good in a few weeks.

Dune Surfer
06-29-2006, 03:08 PM
I'll get pics up soon. I'm still in the middle of upgrades. Installed my +2 a-arms,nerfs,bumper. Today I'm going to re jet and install my K&N and trinity pipe. Next a rear shock rebuild and new front shocks. The $5999 OTD price was for a stock bike. I took a ad from the cycle trader with me that listed that price from LA yamaha. They mached it.

Dune Surfer
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Still waiting for handlebars and shocks

Dune Surfer
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM
ok one more

250r4life
07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
my local dealer has them for just shy under $5700 OTD... its tempting... i dont like to be in debt, and i dont want to have that much cash tied up...

Dune Surfer
07-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
my local dealer has them for just shy under $5700 OTD... its tempting... i dont like to be in debt, and i dont want to have that much cash tied up...
yada,yada,yada. Don't want to, can't, shouldn't----Screw it, you only live once, get this bad boy. I took mine out yesterday to test my jetting. Man is this thing fast, smooth too. Quads have come a long way.

250r4life
07-05-2006, 07:30 PM
yada,yada,yada. Don't want to, can't, shouldn't----Screw it, you only live once, get this bad boy. I took mine out yesterday to test my jetting. Man is this thing fast, smooth too. Quads have come a long way.

lol...
yah i know i know...
but at 24 years old, owning a condo, a sierra, a nice travel trailer, a 250r, and a yfz... i dunno... if i have a problem with my 250r, say i blow the top end, i will have a yfz by the next weekend... but, as long as my 250r keeps me up and running i'll probably wait till i have a little cash lying around...

plus i had a rack built that fits two quads in the bed of my truck.. and then i pull my travel trailer... so between my quad and my buddies, i dont have room to get two of my own quads down to the dunes, so one would have to stay home...

Dune Surfer
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Easy solution, sell your 250R and step up to something made this decade. The new quads are better than the old ones. No more mixing gas, polluting the air, easy availability of parts. four stroke grunt. ect..
Sounds like your doing great for a guy your age, I have guys your age working for me and they don't have a clue. Good job.

250r4life
07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Easy solution, sell your 250R and step up to something made this decade. The new quads are better than the old ones. No more mixing gas, polluting the air, easy availability of parts. four stroke grunt. ect..
Sounds like your doing great for a guy your age, I have guys your age working for me and they don't have a clue. Good job.

man... im not selling my R... i absolutely love that bike... its worth way more to me than what i could get for it... plus, to be honest, i would rather ride that bike than any other... to me its the best bike and the funnest to ride... i like the yfzs and all, but honestly i would prefer the 250r over anything...
that being said, i guess i should explain why it is i am considering getting a YFZ... most of it has to do with finances...
1) well, my 250r has been great to me and has always been super reliable until 2006, and i had a rough year this year... i had a wrist pin bearing break and chew up my cylinder, so spent quite a bit getting that fixed and did a little bit more to it, got it back together and it was screaming, and then my rod bearings went out and chewed up my cylinder again... so, unfortunately it happened at two different times, so i had to throw a new top end and a new top and bottom end in in the short span of a few months... other than this i have never had a problem with my R. has always been super reliable and never had a problem starting or anything... so that may be wearing on my mind... it may be that this new and powerful top end isnt too reliable, and so like i said, i would take it back to the stock jug and just have it as a second bike...
2) supespension... the YFZ suspension is killer, and i would love to have good suspension, but dont really want to throw tons of money into my R right now to get it... by the way, I am still in college full time (and still have all that stuff i mentioned previoulsy) but if my R goes back to being good to me like it has been before these last couple months, i may just throw the suspension on it...
3) being able to go all day on a tank of gas is definately appealing...

we'll see... my R will determine everything... if i have another problem, like i said, i will have a YFZ within the week after that... i am just a conservative guy... my only debt is my mortgage, and my truck, which i owe quite a bit less than what it is worth...

anyways... sorry for rambling on...

Trx450Kyle
07-09-2006, 08:20 PM
ya nice yfz i like it it is a nice quad you should of looked at the
trx 450r thats what i have its preaty nice peace out?

Dune Surfer
07-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Trx450Kyle
ya nice yfz i like it it is a nice quad you should of looked at the
trx 450r thats what i have its preaty nice peace out?

Oh trust me I looked at the honda, but for my riding(dunes) Its hard to beat the yfz.