PDA

View Full Version : MX or XC??

XCAdam89
06-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Just weighing the pro's and con's of each..

What do you prefer, and why?? :devil:

red4r
06-24-2006, 03:16 PM
cuz mx is a rush... u get to hit jumps and fly very high in the air

MX MaNiAc 06
06-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Motocross baby! Theres no rush like being 10' in the air with another quad right beside u!

Sjorge450R
06-24-2006, 03:22 PM
XC!!! Nothing like whizing past trees while hauling *****! I've practiced at MX tracks and I just like Xc better.

trx400exxracer
06-24-2006, 03:29 PM
well if you race gncc you get a mixture of both

XC for me funner and seams cheaper to set up a xc quad you dont have to get a-arms and crap

just get a 450 send off the shocks and race:D

Blue250X
06-24-2006, 03:30 PM
XC cuz those too letters are next to each other on the keyboard:D

RaptorRacer45
06-24-2006, 03:47 PM
XC.....notin aginst either 1 but id take a day of racin through trails and takin on the elements with 150 other crazy kids over alot of things......plus its just more relevant around my area, im a Cross Country Racer:macho

trick250r
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
i prefer MX... its an adrenaline rush to be in the air next to other quads, land, go through the next corner, and do it again. i also enjoy xc because when im not at a MX track, im riding through trails.

XCAdam89
06-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, XC Seems to be cheaper. I'd like to do a little of both, which quad would be better for switching between the two, 300ex or Blaster??

RaptorRacer45
06-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Im a Yamaha guy but id have to say the 300ex on that 1:macho

j_cyrus3
06-24-2006, 04:42 PM
I don't see much of a challenge, besides timing, in MX. So, I choose XC. However, there is a challenge (to me) to going out in the woods dodgin trees for 2 hours straight. You're going through the woods in 3-4th gear pinned, dodgin trees, passing, oh man I just love it. I've rode both before, don't get me wrong, all you need is a set of balls for MX. Much respect for all you MX guys though, I damn sure won't go out and hit a 75ft table, thats for sure.

DOHC
06-24-2006, 05:18 PM
BOTH as long as im riding my quad it doesnt matter to me

trx400exxracer
06-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
I don't see much of a challenge, besides timing, in MX. So, I choose XC. However, there is a challenge (to me) to going out in the woods dodgin trees for 2 hours straight. You're going through the woods in 3-4th gear pinned, dodgin trees, passing, oh man I just love it. I've rode both before, don't get me wrong, all you need is a set of balls for MX. Much respect for all you MX guys though, I damn sure won't go out and hit a 75ft table, thats for sure.

yeah if you go race a mx national and then go to a gncc see which one is more challenging i just think that xc is more challenging and fun i am with you i think it takes some iron balls to do mx but i do both but i like XC better

Mean250r
06-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I ride MX all the time. And i never really ride trails being my biks are so low for MX. But i took my YFZ (its stock for now) on a trail with my friend and it was a blast. both are alot of fun but for me MX takes the cake

And MX bikes look alot better then XC bikes ( big gas tanks ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) :devil:

MX MaNiAc 06
06-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3

Theres much more than a set of balls for MX. Just cuz u can go out n hit the biggest jump out there doesnt mean ur the best MXer.

I think the XC guys are nuts for riding their hardest for 2 hours straight. That takes a lot of endurance.

trx400exxracer
06-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Theres much more than a set of balls for MX. Just cuz u can go out n hit the biggest jump out there doesnt mean ur the best MXer.

I think the XC guys are nuts for riding their hardest for 2 hours straight. That takes a lot of endurance.

i race xc at 2 hour races and yeah it takes endurance

but mx is like brutal

i think all in all they add up to be the same two hard 30 minute moto's and 2 hour strait endurance sprint add up to be the same to me cause both of them are ruff i think it is just what you are used to doing

06-24-2006, 07:59 PM
whats the difference in GNCC and XC??

MX MaNiAc 06
06-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
i race xc at 2 hour races and yeah it takes endurance

but mx is like brutal

i think all in all they add up to be the same two hard 30 minute moto's and 2 hour strait endurance sprint add up to be the same to me cause both of them are ruff i think it is just what you are used to doing

Theres an XC track right down the street from me and its a joke. They are wide open the whole time. But im gonna run a race there just to get me in shape a bit.

Seems like ppl like the two pretty equal in the poll!

XCAdam89
06-24-2006, 08:05 PM
They are the same.

Here's my predicament: I currently own a 2000 Yamaha Big Bear, (A Beast, I know) Anyways, I'm looking to get either a blaster or a 300ex, since I run a group of people know as aircooledracers.com I've never been on a mx track, or really "Hit" a jump, so I don't know what I like, do you think XC would be better for me?? That's what I'm leaning towards, XC on a 300ex.

TheFontMaster
06-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I like both. Mostly I just ride fast trails, and a little MX when I get the chance. I got my quad set up to be decent in both MX, and XC, hell I love the +2 a arms, and +4 axle in the woods too.

06-24-2006, 08:44 PM
MX.

Personally, I just think XC is boring, but that's me. I have respect for you XC guys and all, but MX is twice as fun for me. Plus, no one will ever understand my hatred for trails.

I gotta get to sleep, gotta wake up early for my race tommrow.

wanta450
06-24-2006, 08:51 PM
xc because it takes balls to whiz between trees and over rocks

MX MaNiAc 06
06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
They are the same.

Here's my predicament: I currently own a 2000 Yamaha Big Bear, (A Beast, I know) Anyways, I'm looking to get either a blaster or a 300ex, since I run a group of people know as aircooledracers.com I've never been on a mx track, or really "Hit" a jump, so I don't know what I like, do you think XC would be better for me?? That's what I'm leaning towards, XC on a 300ex.

Get a 300ex then try a little of both n see which u like better.

trx400exxracer
06-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Theres an XC track right down the street from me and its a joke. They are wide open the whole time. But im gonna run a race there just to get me in shape a bit.

Seems like ppl like the two pretty equal in the poll!

its not a real xc track then if it is wide open and has no obsticles

we have some real good xc tracks down here in the southeast like in GA, AL, NC, SC, TN:D

06-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by wanta450
xc because it takes balls to whiz between trees and over rocks

and 75 90 100ft doubles doesnt? Anybody can go out buy a quad and ride through some trees and rocks going fast. Not everybody can go buy a quad and go to the track hit 100ft duobles.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
its not a real xc track then if it is wide open and has no obsticles

we have some real good xc tracks down here in the southeast like in GA, AL, NC, SC, TN:D

It does have obstacles. But its pretty much half woods and half wide open. So someone on a 400ex can be making up all this time in the woods just to get passed by 450s when they hit a field.

Check out the AWRCS section. Thats local places around here. I was watching at the Boyers race.

trx400exxracer
06-24-2006, 09:31 PM
It does have obstacles. But its pretty much half woods and half wide open. So someone on a 400ex can be making up all this time in the woods just to get passed by 450s when they hit a field.

Check out the AWRCS section. Thats local places around here. I was watching at the Boyers race.

i personaly think that a xc track isnt a xc track unless it has at least 8 mile laps has a creek crossin a mx section tight trails off cambers and challenging sections like steep hills or like the Florida gnccwith the logs or at the Georgia gncc with the maxxis tire and log and section

so if an xc track is easy to anyone that hasnt rode it before isnt a real xc track

if you think xc is easy go race some Mid-east or mid- south i heard and saw that that stuff was like some of the tracks i race at near my home town

DJJ450r
06-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I like both but race XC, the main reason why I like XC is because it doesn't get boring, each lap is different.

procircuit406ex
06-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
And MX bikes look alot better then XC bikes ( big gas tanks ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) :devil:

it not about looks man naw j/p:p

But XC gets my vote...thats all ive ever done ive hit a double and a table over and over nd yes...it got boring and just like the last opost or two...i like an XC track because each lap is different and its more of a challenge because your always on your toes watchin for things like rocks and slower riders and stuff