PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design kill switch how do u install? Plz help

red4r
06-24-2006, 02:58 PM
How do you install the pro design kill switch the directions arnt very helpful so sum1 plz help me out i have a race in like 3 hours so yea...thanks

450R_lover
06-24-2006, 03:13 PM
i just did this the other day, I havent tested it yet but the only reason it may not work is because its not grounded good enough. Ok, what you do is take the long wire and run it underneath your tank where you stem goes down in between your tank and hood. You look up under the tank from the left side and there is a black cylinder thing with two bolts hoding it on to the frame. This is your ignition coil. splice the long wire and un bolt the positive side of the coil (right side when looking directly at the left or non exhaust side of the atv with the front to your left) just enough to allow you to take the splice wires and wrap them around the partially unbolted screw. hold the wire in place and tighten it down good. To do the ground or short wire, i just unbolted my stem from the top mounts right in front of the gas tank and spliced the wire then wrapped it around the bolt and screwed the bolt back in. If it doesnt work, try scraping some of the paint off of the frame where you mount the ground wire so it gets a better connection with the metal. Hope you get it together and good luck at your race!! :)

red4r
06-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Thank you!! u just saved my arse from scrambliing around the track seeing if any of my friends could do it!

450R_lover
06-24-2006, 03:34 PM
no problem dude, tell me if it works cause i got mine hooked up but i just put graphics on and i havent rode it yet cuase they have to cure a little bit. let me know if you have time
Thanks

red4r
06-24-2006, 04:03 PM
hmm it didnt work...it might be tht the ground wasnt good... any other ideas...do u have to attach on of the wires form the killswitch to any exsisting ones? cuz we bolted the long one to the coil...

450R_lover
06-24-2006, 04:39 PM
dang it dude... im sorry... umm.. the other way you can do it is trace the wire from the kill switch already on the bars to the plug under the hood. there should be a black wire with a white tracer on it that you can splice and attach the wire that you have to the coil on there.
try that.. see if that works... if you get it working... tell me so i can get mine also
thanks

tltcracing
06-24-2006, 08:44 PM
the way i did mine was lietally splice the killswitch wires into the existing killswitch. i dont think it maters what goes to what but if it doesnt work switch wires. and if that doesnt work just cut the old switch off and try it that way (thats the wau mine is now). hope im not too late.

jeepnrocks
06-25-2006, 12:00 AM
I have seen a detailed install on one of these quad sites ;)

red4r
06-25-2006, 02:14 AM
well thanks for tthe help guys... i got first place 2nite in my race at the itp quadcross!

450R_lover
06-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Awesome man! Congrats!

450R_lover
06-25-2006, 06:44 PM
how did you end up wiring up your tether kill switch?

red4r
06-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I ended up having a friend do it at the track...alls i kno is u have to cut sum wires in the harness and conect ill look at it and see if i can figure it out

450R_lover
06-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I got it already man.. but thanks anyway. i just splice into the black wire traced with a white stripe and sottered on the pro design wire. its all good

DirtDevilBT
06-28-2006, 01:51 AM
i was just going to splice into my key. If you don't have a key, you can use the killswitch as your new key.

I would think this is the easiest way but am suprised no one mentioned it. Is there a downside to this?

fly_boy80
06-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Here you go.... all the info you need

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1735