PDA

View Full Version : News on the availability of the LTZ400

Guy400
10-10-2001, 08:26 AM
Just talked with my local sales manager (friend from high school) of a very large dealership in NE Ohio. He said that on their order form for the bike Suzuki is calling it the LTZ400 (LT harkening back to the old days). Suzuki told them that shipments should start in 2-3 months, going to the biggest dealerships first of course. No detail on MSRP for the bike but thery're expecting upper $5000 to challenge EX sales. Suzuki still isn't telling them when the official release date is, however. Only that shipments should start in 2-3 months. Suzuki could just be tryin' to keep things secret, we may not see the bike until the summer.

barbwire44
10-12-2001, 06:22 AM
hey guy just curious about youre dealer being about an hour from you im guessing park honda, j&j, action cycle or andrews.

Guy400
10-12-2001, 07:30 AM
It's actually Park. I would never deal with J&J (saw a friend really get shafted by a salesman that offered me one price on a bike and then denied it right to my face). Action is a nice place but a little small (great place for old, hard to get Suzuki stuff. They keep used parts in the back). Never been to Andrews but have heard good stuff from them. The real reason I deal at Park is because two friends from high school work there. One is the service manager and the other is in charge of sales.

barbwire44
10-12-2001, 07:49 AM
hey ill have to say i prefer action ya there small but they do the best motorwork and wont hose you, as for park i never had any luck dealing there to many salesman and not much dealing on price. of course i dont know any of the staff personally im sure that would help. I just wish action had honda ive always been treated great there and back when the old quadzilla was still in my garage she spent alot of time in alliance looking for spare parts and chassis supplies after the weekends. alot of a-arms got bashed up on that wide front end.

Guy400
10-12-2001, 03:49 PM
Never bought any bikes there but have purchased a ton of parts from them from my old '92 LT250. One complaint I do have about Park Honda is that it seems like if it's not for a CR250 made within the last 5 years they don't have it in stock. I needed the old Suzuki bearing carrier and headlight cage and Park wanted over $150 for the bearing carrier and $65 for the cage and they would have to order it. I went out to Action and they had a used headlight bracket they sold me for $20 and they gave me a used bearing carrier for $30 and they even put 2 new studs in it for me! They had all sorts of Suzuki stuff that no other dealership would even think if carrying. Maybe I'll stop in there and ask about what kind of deal I could strike up on the LTZ400.