PDA

View Full Version : Ignition problem? Early rev-Limiter.. HELP

TMSmx47
06-24-2006, 02:11 PM
hey guys whats up. I have a problem and i think its ignition. When I start my bike up, idles and is real sharp when you stab the throttle, but if you hold it pinned or take it for a ride, once it gets into the mid range power it hits an earlier rev limiter? Anyone else have this problem or know what to look at?

So far checked carb, electrical connections(most), and changed the CDI box out.... Still earlier rev limiter...:(

tar
06-24-2006, 02:53 PM
try a new spark plug I know it sounds stupid but try it

440ex kid
06-24-2006, 03:38 PM
you clutch is may be slipping. Check you cable adjustment or pick up a new cable.

TMSmx47
06-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Spark plug wasn't stupid.. changed it.. same thing..

Not the clutch cuz it does it while just sittin there revving it up...

I dont think its a early rev limiter anymore. What happens is while you stab the gas it sounds crazy. If you hold the gas to get to the rev-limiter it breaks up and sounds like an early rev-limiter if that makes any sense to you guys. When you ride it, just when it wants to get in the power it breaks up poppin like and doesn;t really wanna pull anymore. The noise sounds like a rev-limiter but its not. I have no idea and Im pullin my hair out... 10 hours invested today so far and no progress..

440ex kid
06-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Do you have a pipe? It will hit the rev limiter if you are in nuetral and they rev pretty fast. You prolly just arent used to it.

TMSmx47
06-24-2006, 11:19 PM
:D ... Problem solved!! Carb was bad. Acc pump went bad and a few other things weren't to kosher.. Changed the carb, ran fine! Re-jetted and tuned a bit. Back in business!!