PDA

View Full Version : 660 next week

slugger
06-24-2006, 01:46 PM
ok, so i pick up a 660 next week and it will me mostly used for road use......what mods do i need to do to make it as stable as poss?
it already has spacers all round but feels twitchy as hell above 50..
any imput please
ta, slug ;)

ECATV Raptor
06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I use to have spacers on my raptor and I ended up bending and breaking them. I would recomend taking them off and checking out ebay for +2 aarms. And for extended axels I went with the G-force. 200 bucks and is adjustable fromt +2 to +4. It has a lifetime warrenty. You cant go wrong.

slugger
06-24-2006, 03:31 PM
am only using the rappy for 99% road work......so spacers should be ok ? [no jumps etc]
also, been offered itp c class, alloys for a yam with maxxis gold speed tyres.......will these help road stability or are they just bling?
thanx:)

ECATV Raptor
06-24-2006, 03:35 PM
The Maxxis should be an improvement over the stock tires.

slugger
06-24-2006, 04:01 PM
thanx bud'........ but what im getting at is do i need to buy these wheels in order to fit good tyres? or can i do just as good a job with stock wheels and better tyres? [sorry am still wet behind the ears on this stuff] :o

RaptorRacer45
06-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Ok you have me confused....by "Roadwork" do u mean this thing is gonna be Street Legal???......or what, im confused:confused:

Blue_Streak23
06-24-2006, 07:37 PM
If the tires have the same rim size (last number of the three numbers on the sidewall of the tire), then they should fit on your stock rims.

Also, wheel-spacers should be fine for road use. the tires should help out a lot with grip and tippyness. Also you could flip your front rims, cause the offset will make the front even wider. And if you are very serious with riding on the road, you could by a kit to lower the suspension. This will lower the center of gravity, and make a much more stabile quad.

hope these tips help:D

slugger
06-25-2006, 03:55 AM
thanx guys :cool: