PDA

View Full Version : Pismo aug 23-25

Dune Surfer
08-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Hey I'm going to Pismo for the first time, Any tips? I will be camping on the beach at the campground. I will be driving a Tan ranger and I ride a yellow 400ex with paddles and a factory FX graphics kit.Some body show me around?

Dune Surfer
08-17-2002, 04:16 AM
OK nobody has ever been to pismo ??? And I'm going to be the only one there?? How about a little help Piease!!

SJG400EX
08-17-2002, 08:12 AM
Hey,I have been there many times.It's a blast camping and riding on the beach.When you take your truck on the sand to get to riding area be careful going over the creek-watch other people and follow their tracks.4x4 is the best way to get on the beach.Don't speed-you WILL get a ticket-lots of cops around but they keep the idiots under control for the most part.Once you hit the dunes it's anything goes.Enjoy this place while you can,before the tree huggers close it down.
Steve.

Dune Surfer
08-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the reply!!
Will I be ok with a two wheel drive truck with BFG all terrein tires with 18 pounds of air? are there any sound restrictions?

250boy
08-18-2002, 01:02 AM
you'll be fine, its crowded as **** though, more than on the 4th of july. I might stop by, i ride an orange 250r. i go out there all the time considering i live in pismo, but when you cross the creek stay closer to the shore, its more hardpacked there, and you dont have to worry about rangers too much theres only like 6 of them, (Mom works there), and air down your tires a little. oh yeah you might want to rope off your camping area so no one parks 10 feet from you. thats about it, and dont forget you need a flag.