PDA

View Full Version : dont you just admire my friends?

redracing88
06-23-2006, 09:18 PM
so working on my truck today. and i put a new fuse in my a/c well it kept blowing them. so my buddie real smart when im not looking stuck tinfoil on the fuse then rammed it in there he said he fixed it and it works so i figured ok ill start the truck up to charge the battery from all this. well i start it up and 5 seconds later it shuts off. and nothing at all i have no power in the cab now and i am peed offf let me tell you.

do you know what wrong with it?

NorCalRacer
06-23-2006, 09:58 PM
I would start looking for fusible links. If everything is dead I would start at your battery, go to the starter and move on. There could also be another fuse block under the hood. Good luck.

trick250r
06-23-2006, 10:01 PM
haha, he'd be eating out of my toilet bowl for a couple of months if it were me. like NorCalRacer said, start at the battery and work your way up.

DieselBoy
06-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Under the hood there should be a MAIN FUSE BOX containing various fuses, they are 50A fuses, larger than any regular fuse. Chances are you blew one of those. But, if you did not allow the fuse to blow when the connection had a fault, you may have fried some electrical components. Check all terminals on the batter, remove, sand, and replace tightly. It sounds like a Fuse/electrical failure within the vehicle though...
Better hope the CPU didn't fry ...:blah:
Good luck...

97blaster200
06-24-2006, 07:10 AM
did you take the tin foil out? haha

PowerJunkie
06-26-2006, 01:01 PM
y didnt you just use like one size bigger fuse. it worked for us we had the same prob with a fuse keep poping

redracing88
06-26-2006, 01:07 PM
we fixed it it was an inline fuse