PDA

View Full Version : oil problem..05' R

jeremycls
06-23-2006, 07:05 PM
This is my 1st sport Honda and I love it but I've noticed that after I get done riding that there is fresh oil on top of the motor behind and below the carb. The kid I bought it off of changed the oil right before I bought it and I'm wandering if maybe he put too much in and it overflowing from the crank breather hose.....the sight glass is full and never changes.....but like I said this is my 1st Honda sport quad.
Will someone PLEASE help me out????

Thanx

redrider9045
06-23-2006, 07:24 PM
First drain the oil and put new oil in the correct amount both sides tranny and clutch side then if it still does oil ring went out

tltcracing
06-23-2006, 08:53 PM
you said it never chainges. do you mean it never changes even when you run it? because if it doesnt go down (when i run mine it looks like its about 1/8 filled) then it is filled way to high. drain it and fill back to factory specs. i would also check the trans oil to if the motor oil is off. it could be that this kid had no idea what he was doing.

jeremycls
06-23-2006, 09:11 PM
I can get off with it running the the sight glass is full, so I'm like you and think the kid just dumped a full bottle of sys. in it without even looking at the manual...:rolleyes:
It blew out alot the 1st trip out but has been less and less every time since, so this weekend I'll proably drain it and refill to specs.

Thanks,