PDA

View Full Version : paintball guys, need some help

culookn
06-23-2006, 05:16 PM
im looking to buy a fairly decent paintball gun again. but the last time i played was years ago and i had a tippmann 98 custome. looking for something a little bit more serious. i know i want to run compressed air but thats about it. im looking to spend 500-700 on a gun. any advice. what about the smart part guns? they look to be fairly decent. also what is a good hopper to ue with a gun like that. i hate clean barrels in the middle of the game.

Mean250r
06-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by culookn
im looking to buy a fairly decent paintball gun again. but the last time i played was years ago and i had a tippmann 98 custome. looking for something a little bit more serious. i know i want to run compressed air but thats about it. im looking to spend 500-700 on a gun. any advice. what about the smart part guns? they look to be fairly decent. also what is a good hopper to ue with a gun like that. i hate clean barrels in the middle of the game.

i just bought a smart parts ION. you cant go wrong. no more chopping because it has Eyes. I love it. If you want to get into it more there are a MILLION upgrades. Mine has a Dye barrel and a CP drop. I have a eggy hopper. it does 17 BPS so it keeps up with the gun. Im not definite but would you be intrested in buying it? used once. i gurantee it works.

4oorider
06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
i would put your money into any smart parts gun. impulse, shocker, ion..doesnt matter. they are all great guns. as for hoppers i cant help you there

Mean250r
06-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 4oorider
i would put your money into any smart parts gun. impulse, shocker, ion..doesnt matter. they are all great guns. as for hoppers i cant help you there

DONT GET A IMPULSE, there alot more money then a ion, do the same rate of fire. but dont have eyes.

zack221
06-23-2006, 06:15 PM
i got a bunch of paintball stuff for sale 3guns 4barrels 5tanks 3hoppers two bags 2 squeegee i will take $300 shipped i will take pics if your interested

300excrazy98
06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
i have a fully upped 05 vision shocker! it is a fantastic gun... I would get one!

IF your looking for the best as far as hoppers i would get either a ..empire reloader b or a halo b . i shoot with a empire, but i guess its just personal preference... Those are the best hoppers out today!

by the way my shocker is forsale!

culookn
06-23-2006, 07:14 PM
shockers are nice but to much $$$

how much is yours. post some pics.

zack221
06-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by culookn

how much is yours. post some pics. [/B]

where you talking to me

300excrazy98
06-23-2006, 07:35 PM
here you goo, also have an 05 super stock with an e2 forsale $400 and thats flawless! theres the cocker!

zack221
06-23-2006, 07:36 PM
that gun is sweet 300excrazy

300excrazy98
06-23-2006, 07:38 PM
shocker old old pics before all ups

300excrazy98
06-23-2006, 07:40 PM
trying to sell the cocker most of all! here is the thread! with complete ups and price breakdown!

gun is amazing i wnat 400 shipped!

EDIT: ooopppss forgot the link

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=231494

gibson400ex
06-23-2006, 10:16 PM
smart parts rat impulse with was board

thats the way to go

Robin Hood
06-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Don't go with an impulse, get a newer shocker, or ion if you want smart parts.

Autocockers can have problems if you don't know how to work with them, I've owned 4 already and they are all maitenance.

The newer Angels are really good guns, along with Intimidators, but they are pricey if you buy them new.

If you want a gun with very little problems, easy to maintain, and is entry-tourney level go with a Smart Parts Ion, a Halo or Reloader B hopper, and a nice compressed air tank. I'd suggest a 45cu 4500psi tank, just because the ion is good on air and it will really help with keeping the weight down, allowing quicker snap shots, and just being faster everywhere on the field.

culookn
06-24-2006, 09:06 AM
cool. thanks for the info.

250R-Dee
06-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Autocockers are not that difficult to maintain, especially the electronic versions. The biggest problem with mechanical auctocockers is people spend too much time listening to silly rumors instead learning how the marker operates and what is needed to keep it functioning properly. Any marker will fail if you do not maintain it properly.

To the original poster: next time you go play you might want to see if some the guys will let you test shoot their markers. This is the best way to get a feel for a marker.

I own several different types of markers and I love all of them - XMOD EMAG, Mech Autococker, Firestorm Autococker, Low pressure blow back and more.

Robin Hood
06-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
Autocockers are not that difficult to maintain, especially the electronic versions. The biggest problem with mechanical auctocockers is people spend too much time listening to silly rumors instead learning how the marker operates and what is needed to keep it functioning properly. Any marker will fail if you do not maintain it properly.

To the original poster: next time you go play you might want to see if some the guys will let you test shoot their markers. This is the best way to get a feel for a marker.

I own several different types of markers and I love all of them - XMOD EMAG, Mech Autococker, Firestorm Autococker, Low pressure blow back and more.

You're right about every marker being difficult. But for me my cockers were just harder to maintain for some reason. Maybe just bad luck. Whether it be mechanical or electrical. Usually a gasket would blow out and I'd end up waiting for eclipse to ship one and get it months later. :p

sixer3
06-24-2006, 01:35 PM
buy a used dm4 or 5 or proto, .....best guns for the money, the resale value on those guns older than 006 are going wayy down....i wouldnt look for anything else....i have a dm4 and an ego.....and like them both equally.....if you buy one of these high-end guns, you'll definately want a haloB with an upgraded boards, or an empire reloader B

culookn
06-27-2006, 08:12 PM
im still learning all of the differences between the guns and how they work. i want a marker thats good and i can get some use out of. if anyone has a decent one forsale plese let me know.

Mean250r
06-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Smart parts ION right here

im givin u
Black Smart parts ion
Dye Ultralite barel
Crossfire tank (not sure on size, but its a big one and its carbon fiber)
Dynasty tank cover
CP drop
CP feed neck

all for a cheap price of 450 OBO