PDA

View Full Version : Which Swingarm? LSR, T-Dub, Janssen, ect.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm looking into getting a longer swingarm in about a month. I want to get a +2 chrome swingarm, I just can't make my mind up on which name brand to get as far as durability. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Also what all will I need to buy other than the swingarm to accomplish this task? Is it a must to have my rear shock re-valved or can I get away with using the stock shock with the addition of the 2 inches? Thanks for the help!

Pappy
06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Id say out of the ones you posted, LSR, Janssen and T Dub only if your into drag racing.

The shock will more then likely have to be revalved, but that will depend on the type of riding you do and your weight

4LEAFCLOVER
06-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info Pappy. I weigh 178lbs and I mostly just ride for fun and drag my friends every once in a while. I wanted to make the quad a little longer because with all the motor work I have done to it right now, it tends to want to come up on me when I start off in a drag race. So I thought a +2 would be just perfect for my needs. I wanted to be able to still ride trails if I was asked to and be able to keep my front end down in drags.

I like the LSR and the Janssen but they are both so expensive. T-Dub gave me a great price of $410 w/ the chrome finish but I wanted to get some thoughts from you guys who deal with this stuff more than I do. Thanks for the help.

416exmx
06-23-2006, 03:17 PM
You will need a longer chain and more than likely a longer brake line also.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
You will need a longer chain and more than likely a longer brake line also.

Yeah thanks for that info, but I'm going to be purchasing a DID chain and longer brake lines when I buy the swingarm.

wvspeedfreak
06-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I have a Burgard swinger on mine and it is a really nice swingarm for the money.

tltcracing
06-23-2006, 04:48 PM
out of the ones you said i would pick the LSR. ii have never herd of anything LSR being broken or bent under normal conditions. you will need a londer chain but as far as the break lines go you should be fine. on my LSR +1.25 i still have plenty of left over line to spare. if you want something a little more economicly price i would give houser a try. they dont have a chrome finish but the quality is top of the line at only $500 insted of LSR at somewhere above $700. i have had LSR and Houser products all the way around and think they are very good products and are durable to boot.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks fellas for all the help, I will make my choice on the info you all have given me.

I should be getting a new one within the next month or so. I wish houser had a chrome finish. But anyways I'll be checking into all of them. Any more ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

tltcracing
06-23-2006, 06:07 PM
i havent tryed it but i bet if you call them up (houser) they might chrome it for you. i know they repowder coat it ( wow, that was sp bad!) and im sure they have a connection to get it chromed for you. you just have to tell them how bad you want it and make sure if you are talking to some one you are talking to the highest ranking guy there. i dont know if they can do it but if i know houser if thay can it wil only be $50 or so more than normal. and have you just thought of just getting on PCed. they still look great and the black is still very shinny.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by tltcracing
i havent tryed it but i bet if you call them up (houser) they might chrome it for you. i know they repowder coat it ( wow, that was sp bad!) and im sure they have a connection to get it chromed for you. you just have to tell them how bad you want it and make sure if you are talking to some one you are talking to the highest ranking guy there. i dont know if they can do it but if i know houser if thay can it wil only be $50 or so more than normal. and have you just thought of just getting on PCed. they still look great and the black is still very shinny.

Thanks for the info about Houser, I'm going to be giving them a call and see if they can do chrome swingarms. I'm wanting to go with the chrome look because I like the look. The black is okay but I've always been a big fan of the chrome look. I am afraid of the chrome tarnishing over time though so it might be a good idea to go with the high gloss black. Which would you guys pick chrome or high gloss black?

tltcracing
06-24-2006, 01:14 PM
personaly i would go with the black. chrome does look good but it takes a lot of attention to keep shinnig. if you have the stock red plastic the black realy compliments and looks good with the red where as the chrome just sort of sticks out and is out of place. unless you have other chrome on it like chrome a arms andf frame, then it would look ok but im sort of opposed to chrome on a "race" quad.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by tltcracing
personaly i would go with the black. chrome does look good but it takes a lot of attention to keep shinnig. if you have the stock red plastic the black realy compliments and looks good with the red where as the chrome just sort of sticks out and is out of place. unless you have other chrome on it like chrome a arms andf frame, then it would look ok but im sort of opposed to chrome on a "race" quad.

Yeah I'm listening to what you have to say and I'm leaning towards getting the high gloss black more and more. My quad is black not red. But I do think the black will hold up longer than the chrome. Thanks again for the help.

tltcracing
06-24-2006, 07:10 PM
give me a pick of your quad. is it mostly aftermarket or is it still stock. if you already have some red accents on it then even having a red swinger might look cool.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-25-2006, 04:14 AM
Okay here's my Black Beast
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/tavaresclover/100_0867.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/tavaresclover/100_0868.jpg

400exrider0004
06-25-2006, 09:59 AM
I would say go with the chrome because black and chrome go great together. If you were going with a all black color scheme then i would go with the gloss black, but since you have orange graphics i would go with the chrome.

Josh

tltcracing
06-25-2006, 01:09 PM
oh your the one with the crazy graphics. i like em. on that quad black or chrome would look awsome. if you end up likeing houser more then go with black but if LSR gits your pick chrome would look just as good. both are stellar and you wount be dissapointed with ether. if you think the chrome is worth the $200 some extra then go for it. its your pick.

4LEAFCLOVER
06-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah I was looking at the Bugard chrome swinger and it's going to run about $650 for a chrome +2 swinger. It's a tad bit less than the LSR and looks just as good. I might be going with that one. I'm still undecided right now but I'll be thinking more and more about it as time passes by. I'll probably be getting it within the next two months.
Also, will it require me to purchase a new linkage once I replace the stocker with the +2? And what about the bearing housing, will the stock housing work or will I have to buy a new one? Thanks for the compliments on my quad also. I've been debating wether to take those off and just go with the black look. I still like them so I'm going to leave them on there for now.

tltcracing
06-26-2006, 11:15 AM
i dont know much about that particular swinger but the carrier and link should just bolt right up. if you dont do any jumping or riding over rough stuff than dont realy worry about the shock and link. i think you wanted a new swing arm for drag racing for some reason and in that case the rear shock settup can be just as important as hp. the shock alows the rear end to squat as you hit the gas transfering the weight to the rear alowing more traction.